Overclocking my Q6600 - Voltage help please!

Associate
Hi guys,

Now that some kind soul finally helped me figure out where I was going wrong on over clocking my Q6600 system with 780i mobo, I have been able to squeeze more from my PC.
Go to BIOS.
Disable speedstep.
Disable C1E.
Increase CPU voltage to 1.4v ( or even give it a 1.45v for start )
Increase northbridge volt by 0.1v
UNLINK the memory and set it to your default memory speed (PC6400 400mhz , PC5300, 333mhz , PC8500, 533mhz ) and default timings ( you can see that on the sticks themselv or the packaging that it came with ).

Set CPU FSB to 400
Set CPU multiplier to 8x

Save & Exit

Enjoy ;)

After that you can test your temps and work with it higher increasing the FSB by a small bit (~10) or trying to work your temps down by decreasing the voltage by 0,01 untill it becomes unstable.

I have not adjusted the stock voltages yet. There are so many voltages, that I don't know which one is the CPU voltage. It is CPU Core?

Also, which one is the northbridge? Is this the nForce SPP or the nForce MCP? Is the FSB anything to do with the CPU? Should I adjust this voltage? What about the HT nForce SPP<->MCP. Should I adjust this?

Thanks

Farore

Associate
Note down all the voltage options you have in your BIOS and post them here. We'd be able to you whats what then.

Core voltage is labelled as vCore, vCPU, CPUv or CPU Voltage on the BIOS'es I have experience with.

Associate
OP
nForce SSP core - 1.400v
nForce SSP core - 1.500v
FSB - 1.400v
HT nForce SPP<->MCP - 1.200v
Auxillary - 1.500v
CPU core - 1.450v
CPU frequency 3,375MHZ
CPU multiplier - 9.0X
Memory - 2.000v

Note: CPU - Z says the multiplier is sex at X8.0 (which is what I set it to in the BIOS) and that Core Speed is 3000MHz. Windows is reporting core speed at 3.38MHz if I right click on My Computer. All the above values were obtained from the Nvidia Control Panel utility.

Back
Top Bottom