Dodgey texts

Caporegime
Recently I've had a couple of dodgey looking texts, one from 249912020066 which consisted of "Video Message! Click:" and then a very dodgey looking link... and the other one from 07788424213 which just consisted of what looks like the end of a URL (unclickable). Anyone else getting these, and any way to stop them?

Apparently the first one (with the link from w478.net) is a dodgey premium video service, the other one I have no idea.

Caporegime
OP
Nope, never. Luckily I've only had two so far but that's how the spam started on my hotmail account, now I get about 4 a day...

M0T

M0T

Soldato
Bump!

I have been getting a lot of these over the past week, the big issue is that the 'Video Service Message' comes up on my Windows phone like an official message rather than a normal text. Is there any way I can get T-Mobile to block these?

Caporegime
OP
Hmm, just got one of those the other day, except it was a "Win an iPhone 4" and then a link. Service message on WP though. Very odd considering I haven't really had any dodgy texts since starting this thread.

EDIT: Now on T-Mobile as well

Soldato
all networks have anti spam running for SMS and if you call up your network you should be given a number to forward the text to, who will then start blocking it.

Back
Top Bottom