Overclocked i7 Bundle help

Associate
Hi everyone, I bought the i7 overclocked bundle (gigabyte U5D, i7 920, 6gb Patriot ram and Noctura cooler) about a month ago and it hasnt worked a day since I got it.

Can anyone get this kit to run? the ocuk team tell me they ran my kit (I had to send it back) for 8 hours with no problems, but as soon as I get it back it crashes all over the place, they also said that they tried to duplicate my machine and it works. I cant even get a clock of 3.6 never mind the 4ghz which I paid the extra for.

When "overclocked" the machine turns on then off about 3 times then boots. but normally says failed overclock. They then said it must be another component in my computer, first one would be the psu. Mine is the coolermaster 850W modular so I got my friends who has the same one and tried it. Still didnt help so its not the psu.

Heres my kit, maybe someone can help. Bare in mind this is going on now over a month for me.

i7 920
Gigabyte EX58-U5D
6GB Patriot Ram
LG Blueray DVDRW
Samsung 1TB sata
2x Samsung 320GB Raid0
ATI 4890 Sapphire 2GB
Noctura CPU Cooler

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Associate
In a previous post you said you had Corsair RAm with this system? Which one, if set up to the other spec that can cause issues. PSU would have been my first thought given its been tedted and found working at the shop.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
have you tried the slightly lower clock speeds i sent you in one of my many posts the RMA forum?

i think the best way to do this is to clock it up gradually to see where the fault lies

it is more advisable for your warranty if you get tech support from ocuk staff rather than forum members

Associate
OP
Just to clearify, my origional system before I sent it back was corsair but now when i got the new replacement kit back they changed it to patriot and said my origional board had a faulty capacitor, Ive received the new kit and exact same problem as the last.

At stock speeds the pc boots first time, none of this on off stuff as when overclocked.

The psu it not the problem, as I say I tried one exactly the same as mine which a friend has had running on his overclocked c2d 8400 for almost a year and has hasnt had a problem.

Associate
OP
have you tried the slightly lower clock speeds i sent you in one of my many posts the RMA forum?

i think the best way to do this is to clock it up gradually to see where the fault lies

it is more advisable for your warranty if you get tech support from ocuk staff rather than forum members

Im just asking on advice on what people is using to see the difference in my settings from OCUK and theirs.

As for lowering my clock, i dont have a clue hence buying the preoverclocked setup so I dont have to do anything as I dont fancy changing settings that im not sure about.

Back
Top Bottom