When a girl mentions her ex...?

Soldato
I don't normally post about such topics, but I'm rather curious in what you guys think about situations when a girl you are interested in, suddenly brings up her ex.

Let me set the scene to give some context:

I met this girl a couple of weeks back at a sporting event we were both competing in. Since then we've been e-mailing each other 2-3 times a day, every day - just general get-to-know-you stuff. I know, it's like being a teen again :o

Anywho, today she brings up her ex, nothing specific, just enough info so that I know he a) existed and b) is her ex. This apparently was about 5 months back.

Now I haven't volunteered any such historic info, so was just thinking why girls may choose to offer up such info without request.

Discuss.

n

Mat

Mat

Soldato
You didn't give us the context in which she brought it up. Was it out of the blue or related to something? What exactly did she say?

Soldato
Just say, post pasty smashing, "was he better than me? is he bigger than me? Roll over, weep, cry and go and throw yourself off a bridge.

OR, realise most likely she hasn't put any thought into what she told you, so you shouldn't care. OR she's letting you know she's available. OR she's not over her ex. OR she killed him.

Caporegime
hammer.jpg

+

pasty.jpg

Soldato
OP
Pasty smashing :D

You didn't give us the context in which she brought it up. Was it out of the blue or related to something? What exactly did she say?

I thought about putting the exact words, but you just dont know who reads this stuff lol.

No it was completely out of the blue - we were talking about a sporting event - she said she competed last time but did so with the ex (while still together) that it was a bad idea especially when they split they still had to compete together.

n

Associate
we were talking about a sporting event - she said she competed last time but did so with the ex (while still together) that it was a bad idea especially when they split they still had to compete together.

n

Sounds like a normal conversation really, I wouldn't read anything into that

Edit: Unless she's saying there's no point getting with her if you're competing in the same events of course :)

Soldato
OP
Sounds like a normal conversation really, I wouldn't read anything into that

Edit: Unless she's saying there's no point getting with her if you're competing in the same events of course :)

Sneaky edit there, almost missed it. Luckily we won't be competing together ;)

No, I agree, nothing to read into I guess. Just thought it was odd - I take immediate evasive cover to avoid having to mention or discuss my exs. I always thought that it was a certified killer to a potential relationship - talking about exs is never good.

n

Soldato
Sneaky edit there, almost missed it. Luckily we won't be competing together ;)

No, I agree, nothing to read into I guess. Just thought it was odd - I take immediate evasive cover to avoid having to mention or discuss my exs. I always thought that it was a certified killer to a potential relationship - talking about exs is never good.

n

I see it the other way. I asked my ex about hers when we were going out. I knew he apparently left her for someone else and hence was reluctant to talk about it. But I wanted to know because I think it's useful to understand where she's coming from, what hurt her in the past, etc.

I guess when/if I meet someone else, I would mention my ex at some point. She broke my heart herself and I haven't got anything to hide.

Maybe my openness led and will always be my downfall. :o

Back
Top Bottom