Current build vs future build

Associate
Hi,

I posted on here a couple of days ago about the PC I'm planning on building and I was just wondering what sort of improvements I can expect over my current PC, just rough guestimates :p

Current setup, Q6600 @ 2.4GHz, 3gb generic (I.E. low speed) DDR2 RAM, nVidia GeForce 8500, 5400rpm hdd and some cheap MSI mobo.

Future setup, i5 750 @ 4GHz hopefully, 4GB DDR3 RAM, nVidia 275 (Sparkle), 7200rpm HDD and MSI P55 mobo.

Soldato
Not really any more than you would just getting some upgrades for your current system. A new motherboard, new RAM, new GFX (probably a 5850), new HDD. Maybe PSU and Case. Thinking about it, the onlything you would be keeping would be the Q660... your choice. If you don't want it any more i could take it off your hands maybe? :p

Associate
OP
I mean though, how noticable will the upgrades be? Obviously I'll notice a leap in gaming (hell UT04 is the latest game I can play on full, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. pretty much rapes my system on top settings), but will I see a big difference in normal day to day use? Its the first high spec PC I'm building and the price is just a bit.. ugh, daunting I guess :p

Permabanned
It will be much snappier compared to the Q6600 and the cheap ram you were using. I personally upgraded from a Q9550 to a i7 920 ( similar to i5 750 ) and noticed some speed increases across the general use of the computer.

McT

Associate
OP
Needed components, fast... that plus I had to get my stuff from PC World -.- got a netbook from there, it was crap and they had me by the... so it was either have the crap netbook, or build a PC from the crappy components they had to offer... It has served me well though so I can't complain too much :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom