Words fail me!

Associate
I love the Daily Mail comments section. Anything that mentions 'going vigilante against youths' and anything anti-police gets rated green to the heavens and anyone who says anything of any sense gets rated into the ground.

Says a lot about their readers to be honest.

Soldato
I love the Daily Mail comments section. Anything that mentions 'going vigilante against youths' and anything anti-police gets rated green to the heavens and anyone who says anything of any sense gets rated into the ground.

Says a lot about their readers to be honest.

"Don't go outside, it's full of queers, blacks and crime! Oh if only Diana was here!"

Soldato
Tbh I think the 'it's cool to bash on the dailymail' bangwagon is pretty pathetic. Granted it's a paper written by idiots and read religiously by sheep, but stories such as this are untouched events.

'paper written by idiots and read religiously by sheep'

^

And lets be honest, what paper today doesn't fall under this category.

Soldato

^

Very true. You'll usually find those who love bashing one particular paper, sell their allegiance to another equally biased publication. Both live happily in the belief that the vice versa doesn't exist (perhaps that the other side are simply too stupid to think of them as idiots in return).

From the outside, it all provides laughs in a hypocritical circle-jerk kind of way.

Soldato
Tbh I think the 'it's cool to bash on the dailymail' bangwagon is pretty pathetic. Granted it's a paper written by idiots and read religiously by sheep, but stories such as this are untouched events.

^

I don't read any newspapers or watch the news on TV. The Daily Mail is still retarded.

Soldato

There's already a thread on this. Edit : And this is the thread. My excuse is I'm heavily medicated at the moment!

First of all you're a moron for taking anything in the Daily Mail at face value.

The old lady in question, from what's said in the Daily Mail seems to be a daft old baggage. I have no idea if she really is or not.

The BBC carried the story, in much less detail, which seemed to indicate it was a dear old lady being harassed unfairly. The Daily Mail has more on it because they'll have likely paid her for the story.

The Indepdent has more information, including the actual reasons for it.

It turns out she attacked the guy (not very effectively) and verbally abused him in front of a police officer. The police officer told her to stop, she didn't. She was then arrested, and denied doing it, which meant they couldn't issue a caution. The result was that she wasted police time, and the courts time.

I'm quite sure something should be done to stop her being harassed, but at the same time I quite agree with what happened in court.

This is the story from the Independent.

This has now appeared on the BBC.

This is libel.

This is typical of the Sun.

So all she had to do was stop shouting at the boy, and stop hitting him, and there would have been no reason to arrest her. Even if she hadn't all she then needed to do was admit what she had done, and she would have been cautioned. It's all quite sad that a pension was driven to this, of course.

What's the moral of the story? We have newspapers who will selectively report what their moronic readers want to be outraged by next.

It reminds me of this joke
A man was walking down a street in the centre of Manchester and saw a Rotweiler attacking an old lady. He immediately ran over to the dog and started to struggle in which he sustained many bites, but he eventually he got his hands around the dog's neck and strangled it until it was dead. A passing reporter commented: that was fantastic how you saved that old dears life!, I have to write a story about this, how about the headline - Manchester United fan saves granny's life?, "i'm not a Utd fan" replied the bloke. "well how about Man City fan saves granny's life"? said the reporter. "I'm not a City fan either" siad our hero, " I'm from Liverpool". "Never mind I know just the headline, you read the paper tomorrow" said the reporter. The man picks up the paper the following day to read the headline - SCOUSE ******* KILLS FAMILY PET!!

Caporegime
but stories such as this are untouched events.

except it words the article to make sound like the police arrived after the event listened to the boy then arrested ehre not how it really happened

"She was given a number of chances by the officer to stop assaulting and verbally abusing the boy. She didn't stop and was then arrested.

"There was no evidence that the boy she assaulted had been throwing stones at her house or had been involved in any provocation.

like it was reported else where.

Soldato
except it words the article to make sound like the police arrived after the event listened to the boy then arrested ehre not how it really happened

like it was reported else where.

Not so cut and dry, though. Say I'm watching from upstairs as one of the local scrotes does my kitchen window with a brick. I pound outside, grab the one that did it and have a right go.

Police arrive, and I'm shaking him like a rag doll, out of my mind with rage. It takes the police three "warnings" before I let go of him.

Of course, he and the rest of his 10 mates are going to say they "weren't up to nuffing", while I have nobody to back ME up (neighbours are nothing but self-comforting curtain twitchers).

I think we all know that in that situation, I'm going down for assault. Fair?

Soldato
Not so cut and dry, though. Say I'm watching from upstairs as one of the local scrotes does my kitchen window with a brick. I pound outside, grab the one that did it and have a right go.

Police arrive, and I'm shaking him like a rag doll, out of my mind with rage. It takes the police three "warnings" before I let go of him.

Of course, he and the rest of his 10 mates are going to say they "weren't up to nuffing", while I have nobody to back ME up (neighbours are nothing but self-comforting curtain twitchers).

I think we all know that in that situation, I'm going down for assault. Fair?

And then when the police get you down to the station you explain that you were raging because it was them throwing stones at your window, and they've been doing it for ages. The police give you a caution, some advice on how to deal with it, and tell you they'll be straight there if it happens again to deal with the kids.

Or, you get arrested, get down to the station and for some reason waste police and court time by denying you did it....

Soldato
**** this country and its political correctness BS.

1234931504682g.jpg

Soldato
My friend was telling me last week she was networking in london for a job in 2014 as the waiting list to get on training courses in law is currently 4 years at the top companies. So while she waits she's doing a masters that her current employer is paying for. So I asked her why there's such a waiting list and so much training when this country's legal systems failing and she didn't even have an answer :confused:

It seems our courts are completely over looking common sense

MW

Associate
I don't read any newspapers or watch the news on TV. The Daily Mail is still retarded.

You have to read Newspapers to make that remark..

Melanie Philips,
Peter Hitchens (MoS),
Richard Littlejohn,
Max Hastings
Peter Oborne .. and many others!

.. all of whom write for the Daily Mail and speak for the majority.

If people would actually start to read the paper, they may get a better sense of why it has a 2nd largest circulation in the world. Its not just sensationalist garbage, its actually a very good read.

I'm getting a bit tired of how fashionable it is to bash the Daily Mail on this site when most of the opinions that are written here actually strongly agree with the Mail's point of view on a whole variety of subjects.

Associate
Absolute joke. Prodding someone is not assualt.

Erm sorry - yes it is. If you doubt me look it up - any application of force - no matter how minor without a persons consent is an assault. In fact you can even have an assault when no physical contact is made.

Soldato
absolutely disgraceful...

doesn't it feel abit stupid that almost everyone in the country would agree with this is stupid and ridiculous, yet there is nothing done about it. what sort of complete and utter retards run this country. its like they insist on doing everything so f'ing anally, and exactly by the book with no exception. its horrendous... the law is good, and needs to exist, but for goodness sakes at least allow some exceptions where necessary...

mini rant over

Caporegime
Starts at the top - law makers. That's the problem. I feel sorry for her, it's utterly disgraceful and suggests to me that police are reluctant at times to use their powers of discretion, unfortunately their hands are tied by the red tape and laws, idiotic laws that have been creeping especially since the 90's.

Back
Top Bottom