• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Two 5850's on a Corsair HX850?

Associate
I asked this question in the main 5850 thread, i got a response that it would be enough, but nothing else after that. Nothing against the guy who answered, its just always best to hear more than one opinion on stuff like this.

So, two 5850's on a regular i7 rig (no extreme overclocking or anything like that) on a corsair HX850w, would it be fine?

Oh and while we're on the topic, any thoughts on having two 5850's in crossfire? Good, bad, interested?

Cheers.

Soldato
It would be fine, I plan to run them on a 750W PSU myself. As for how they perform, they seem to do really well in CF judging by benchies.

Soldato
That PSU is more than enough for twice the GPU power you're looking at.

If you go on AMDs PSU rating site, you will see that it is rated to support two 4870x2s. Hell, even the HX750 is rated for this.

Associate
Yup, HX750W here and i am damn sure it will run 2 5850's so your definitely will. I intend to get a 5850 with another later maybe. There are a couple of reviews out there with 5850 xfire and they look quite promising, add in driver refinements and it starts to look really good!

Back
Top Bottom