Jack Thompson sues facebook this time

Soldato
The popular anti-gaming crusader lawyer, Jack Thompson, has made his way to the news through yet another absurd lawsuit again.

This time around, Thompson found discovered the existence of several "I hate Jack Thompson" Facebook groups. Thompson emailed Facebook's CEO Mark Zuckerberg asking him to remove those groups, and when he didn't get a response he filed a lawsuit accusing Facebook of "intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress and failure to supervise the site."

Responding to the lawsuit, Facebook issued an official statement asserting that "The suit is without merit and we will fight it vigorously. Additionally, it is our practice to remove content that threatens an individual when it is brought to our attention."

Facebook offers two ways to report abusive groups; the first is a prominent "Report This Group" link available in all groups' pages and the other is sending an email to [email protected] .
The company's published policy is that any group reported through either option is dealt with within 24 hours, with an email detailing what was done sent out within 72 hours. Clearly, Thompson didn't do neither.

source

Lol will it ever end.

Permabanned
He's a Christian and American, they always take stuff way too seriously and get offended about anything, even things that don't affect them in the slightest such as video games.

Soldato
I thought he was banned from sueing people for several years after his last defeat. Sure I read that somewhere.

This guy is a complete loser. He is trying to spoil the fun of billions to make himself a few $$$. The world would be better without him.

Back
Top Bottom