Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme

Associate
Don't mean to bring a thread back from the dead but I was wondering if this cooler is supported on the 'Crosshair III Formula' Asus motherboard?

(I've looked in the compatibility list and couldn't find my board.)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Shocker. I really hope you're selling off all these coolers once you're finished with them, you cant be that far off funding an entire water loop with the spares now.

Don't have a review for you, but second the opinion to just get the megalahems or true.
I had considered the megahelems for my i7 build, thankfully i didnt bother, it would have covered the first 2 ram slots on my p6t, i stuck with my TRUE black, no problems with ram clearance, in the unlikely event of upgrading to 12gb of reaper ram at least i know that ill have no clearance issues, though ill be limited to 25mm fans on the cooler.

Soldato
Funnily enough, it uses the same mounting mechanism as the Alpenfoehn Nordwand, which will have 1156 support in the future, so the Tuniq should as well. I'm currently using one and it's a tremendous cooler for the price. It's not too loud either and definitely better than the Noctua which costs twice as much!

Caporegime
I will be installing mine this evening :D

Just finished a remote 5 hour run of Orthos with my current Fenrir, and it topped at 56ºC @ 100% (NOISY!) fan speed.

Switching to the TT tonight, with everything else staying exactly the same, so should give an accurate comparison.

CSA

CSA

Associate
well ive decided to RMA mine back to ocuk , i already have a 1156 notcua back plate fitted on my mother board so i thought what the hell lets see if it will fit on that, so took the noctua out and lined up the TT and from what i can see there is NO WAY this cooler is going to fit on my motherboard even WITH a 1156 bracket simply because of the heatpiping and other obsticles around cpu area on my MSI p55 GD80 motherboard, the cooler is too fat and u cant get underneath it to tighten the fitting screws :(

Caporegime
Right, at full whack, the TT cools 4ºC better than my Fenrir, and at min speeds, cool as well as the Fenrir at full whack, so it is an improvement.

I can't help but feel that it might need reseating though, and I am pressed for time as I am off clubbing soon.

A friend has got me 2 Apaches on order for my Bday, so I will swap the blue LED fan out and see how much difference it makes. If not much, will reseat.

Soldato
Yeah make sure it makes proper contact and tighten the spring loaded screws as mush as you can. I didn't do that first time and noticed my temps shooting up, despite it feeling secure.

After making sure it was properly seated, temps were amazing. Best cooler I've used to date and minimum speed is surprisingly very good!

Back
Top Bottom