• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

will the 5870 fall in price much and if so when?

Associate
When stock levels can cope with demand, month *at most* is my guess. They had a lot of success with the production process so there should be a lot of cards around soon.

Associate
Will fall to around £270 and the 5850 to £180

A certain site has them priced at that now for people who want custom gaming rigs.

Associate
I reckon there willl be a substantial drop before Xmas, probably before mid-november; maybe by £15-30 or more on each card, for the Xmas rush.

The production schedule should be ramped up by then so they can make profit on the voilume sold, whereas I suspect right now with the low amounts coming out, that is a bit tight.

Associate
I'd say about a month as well. Around the time X2 becomes widely available. I don't think the X2 will cost £600, at least I hope not.

Associate
The Hardware Canucks review of the 5870 said that ATI have said they wouldn't release a card costing more than $500 canadian, or about £300 - possibly a notable price drop for the 5870 and the and 5870X2 for perhaps £350?

Soldato
At the moment i think they're priced about right. Untill nvidia come along with their new cards i dont think they'll drop the price (by much at least anyway).

OVC

OVC

Associate
They will start to drop within the next 3 - 4 weeks by the end of Nov I would estimate a drop of £50.00 off the retail price, in fact it would not surprise me if it was more... Xmas is only around the corner prices will drop, which is why I am waiting until the end of November. When the 4890 came out it dropped £30.00 within the first month, so I would wait 2 months. I am.

Soldato
No mate....

Within the next 6 months it's going to slowly go up to double the price it is now....

Quick buy 10+ of them now so you can make a packet by selling them for almost double the price in 6 months...

Soldato
saw one article which quoted the shelf price of the x2 should be $499

that should mean decent drops of the price of the 5870

I'm going to guess at 230 by mid-December

Back
Top Bottom