Noiseblocker fans

Caporegime
Associate
I did go through a few S1's (the 800rpm variants i think) a while ago, and although generally quiet the quality seemed to vary, some would be quite tonal with a very subtle buzzing, while others were perfectly fine - this would suggest to me a cheaper or inferior motor quality.

Have been using 1000rpm sharkoon's for almost 2 years now, on a pair of feser 240's (CPU and GPU loops), very quiet so i'm happy sticking with those.

If you value a silent system, then i think a lot of us will sympathise, as we've all been on that 'holy grail' of finding the right fan for the job;)

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
they are brilliant - much better than xigmateks
[Yewen got them in for this reason]

i have tried the pwm model and they are quiet and efficiant

not bad for the money either

Soldato
Oh nice fan, might have to get these instead of xigmateks now grrr

Do you guys know if its ok to use pwm fans with non pwm fan controlers, by that i mean just use the normal 3 pins and not have the pwm pin connected?

Soldato
Their isn't enough infomation on the OcUK website for the Noiseblocker Multiframe S-Series i.e. CFM rating, DB(A) Rating, RPM Rated Speed.

I know it's juse a case of looking on the Noiseblocker website, although infomation should be present on the OcUK website for your customers as it's vital infomation that make people want to buy these.

Last edited:
Soldato
I find it hard to believe these specs:

Noiseblocker BlackSilent Fan XL1 - 41 CFM, 13 DB(A)
Noiseblocker BlackSilent Fan XL2 - 58 CFM, 21 DB(A)
Noiseblocker BlackSilent Fan XLP - 75 CFM, 31 DB(A)

Source + http://www.noiseblocker.de/de/documents/Datenblatt_BSF_XL_de.pdf

Noiseblocker Multiframe S-Series MF12-P - 34 CFM, 8 DB(A)
Noiseblocker Multiframe S-Series MF12-S1 - 52 CFM, 19 DB(A)
Noiseblocker Multiframe S-Series MF12-S2 - 73 CFM, 27 DB(A)
Noiseblocker Multiframe S-Series MF12-S3 HS - 78 CFM, 29 DB(A)

Source + http://www.noiseblocker.de/de/documents/Data_M12_102.cdr.pdf

The main info is in the Noiseblocker links, so all OcUK need to do is copy & paste the info from their really but they dont specify the CFM like I have ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Sound readings in decibels depend on how far from the source the measurement was taken. So the reading of, say 31db, means little without a specified distance.

CFM readings are into air, not through grills, radiators, filters etc. So the rated cfm will never be seen in practice. A higher static pressure fan will tend to maintain its airflow through obstacles while a low pressure fan will fail dismally.

So you are right to be doubtful about the specification, as it is incomplete. It's remarkably hard to find static pressure readings for some fans, generally those who would benefit from hiding it do so.

GSS

GSS

Associate
They're certainly not a budget fan but like most things in life, broadly speaking, " you get what you pay for". I'm looking at 5 so £90 :eek:

I guess it's all relative when comparing the costs of components in general & what we are prepared to spend on our hobby. £18 for a fan of this spec, for me anyway, represents good value for money.

There's not many items we could buy nowadays for £18 with the 'peace of mind' of a 6 year warranty!...although I'd be certain to loose or forget where I put the receipt & proof of purchase long before then :D

GSS

GSS

Associate
They're certainly not a budget fan but like most things in life, broadly speaking, " you get what you pay for". I'm looking at 5 so £90 :eek:

I guess it's all relative when comparing the costs of components in general & what we are prepared to spend on our hobby. £18 for a fan of this spec, for me anyway, represents good value for money.

There's not many items we could buy nowadays for £18 with the 'peace of mind' of a 6 year warranty!...although I'd be certain to loose or forget where I put the receipt & proof of purchase long before then :D

Soldato
but 18 quid for a fan!!!!!! :/
90 quid on fans? ... :/

But if you only need/use one fan, then maybe, just maybe it's worth it.
But your point is valid for anyone buying more that 1.

edit: these are case fans like the noctura S12 - not so great on rads or behind grills.

If your buying 5 ultra quiet fans GSS - might be worth re-thinking the cooling.

Last edited:
Soldato
If he said he was getting 5 noctua's they would'nt be saying omg £90 on fans lol..

You get what u pay for, they are quality fans, backed with a big warranty.

Personally for me i consider fans as comsumables, so therfore buy cheaper, but some prefer quality and thats there choice.

Back
Top Bottom