• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i5 vs Phenom x4 955 for Gaming

Associate
whats your views on these chips soley for gaming and general hard drive/windows performance ie start up etc

do intel have any road maps to future i5 releases ?

i've looked on lots of forums etc and was wondering whats a good stable overclock with water cooling.

atm i have a x3 720 amd cpu, what got me thinking was the res evil 5 benchmarks with 2 core 3 core and 4 cores there seems to be a huge difference in fps with more cores and higher clock rate.

Soldato
whats your views on these chips soley for gaming and general hard drive/windows performance ie start up etc

do intel have any road maps to future i5 releases ?

i've looked on lots of forums etc and was wondering whats a good stable overclock with water cooling.

atm i have a x3 720 amd cpu, what got me thinking was the res evil 5 benchmarks with 2 core 3 core and 4 cores there seems to be a huge difference in fps with more cores and higher clock rate.

You better link the info/graphs your reffering too - as thats the onyl way we can sort this misconception out.

Caporegime
If you plan on overclocking then without a doubt the i5 is the better option, at stock there isn't much between them although I'd sway towards the Phenom.

Soldato
to be honest i have the phenom 955 at stock 3.2ghz and it runs the top end games with ease, played crysis with a constant 30fps with everything on high no slow down at all temps reached 40c max, really dont see the need to overclock a phenom unless your board of course :)

Back
Top Bottom