Which Bike?

Associate
I went riding on some trails this weekend for the first time. I borrowed a friends bike and had a really good time. I'd like to get a bike of my own with front and rear susension but i dont want to spend loads of money. What price range am i looking at for a semi decent bike?

Associate
OP
Around £400 is probably the most as I'm new to it. I will probably be riding woodland trails, uphill and downhill over rough terrain, rocks, roots ect. Yes I would buy second hand.

Soldato
I'd certainly look at 2nd hand, the sales boards on Southerndownhill, Descent-World and Bike Radar have loads of bikes up for grabs, and with pics etc you can tell what condition the bikes are in.

Soldato
Around £400 is probably the most as I'm new to it. I will probably be riding woodland trails, uphill and downhill over rough terrain, rocks, roots ect. Yes I would buy second hand.

Like the other guys have said, that's not enough for a full suspension bike.
I'd definitely go for a hardtail at the price. Either the Hardrock mentioned above... or look out for a Charge Duster or a Charge Blender. Saw a blender Hi spec go the other day for £450!!

Soldato
Hardtail is the best way under £1k. Second hand you can pick up good deals. A guy dropped an azonic recoil with shivers,729s on pro 2s,XTR mech n shifter,MRP chain device + bones chainset......thing was mint. £540 he got for it! :(

Back
Top Bottom