Is it just me... *Bit-Tech*

Soldato
They also said the 5870 was disappointing ?

Whole new thread discussion with many varying opinions, but as I see it (not being one for new stuff the moment it is released) it is a bit considering the price and the actual benefit you get from it at this present time. Still, it's not been tested to full potential afaik.

Soldato
Whole new thread discussion with many varying opinions, but as I see it (not being one for new stuff the moment it is released) it is a bit considering the price and the actual benefit you get from it at this present time. Still, it's not been tested to full potential afaik.

Can. Worms. They are now everywhere. :(

Soldato
Umm, every thought they have tough scoring, 70% to them could be really good, such as IMDB for me, anything above 6.5 is good...

Take it or leave it as you will, if you know the board has been praised else where by several other reviews, then why judge the board on one of many reviews?

Muppet.

ags

Soldato
I find their reviews to be honest and pretty comprehensive, I wouldn't hesitate to buy something on their recommendation.

Soldato
Yeah, I always find Bit-Tech and Custom PC (they are now in bed together) very informative and thorough. I'd rather they were harsh than gave carte blanche to every product that came through.

Associate
Pick a different reviewer?
I personally like to fish around and compare reviews before I buy anything. Custom PC is usually my first stop, as I find it quite reliable and informative :)

Man of Honour
The obvious question with any review site is: where do they get their hardware from? If the manufacturer supplies it as a freebie then truly unbiased reviews are simply not going to happen. The pressure on the review site is an obvious one: like it, or never get another freebie. Even in these days, where the hardware is usually loaned rather than donated there is the time factor: the only way to get to review new hardware before/on release is to brown-nose. Many years ago I used to do hardware reviews for a now-defunct website, and mostly I bought the hardware myself or borrowed it from a friendly supplier (also now defunct - go figure, as they say) so I could say what I wanted. But on the rare occasions I got loan stuff from the manufacturer I was always aware that damning it could have repercussions.

The only way to get past this is to be SO influential that the manufacturers are scared of you, rather than the other way around.

M

Back
Top Bottom