• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ForceWare 191.07 Vista / W7 32-bit

Soldato
Some nice game optimization to keep you NV lot from selling up and moving to the ATI 5000 series..:p

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/191.07/191.07_Win7_Desktop_Release_Notes.pdf W7 release notes

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/191.07/191.07_Win7_Desktop_Release_Notes.pdf Vista release notes

New in Version 191.07

* Adds support for OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8, 9, 100, and 200-series GPUs and ION GPUs.
* Accelerates performance in several gaming applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with version 191.07 drivers vs. version 190.62 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
o Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2
o Up to 8% performance increase in Batman: Arkham Asylum with GPU PhysX enabled
o Up to 50% performance increase in Call of Juarez: Blood in Bound with SLI enabled
o Up to 14% performance increase in Fallout 3 (indoor scenes) with antialiasing enabled
o Up to 10% performance increase in Far Cry 2 (DX9 version) with antialiasing enabled
o Up to 34% performance increase in Prototype with antialiasing enabled
* Adds SLI support for Aion, Darkfall, Dawn of Magic 2: Time of Shadows, Dreamkiller, Fuel, Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim, Need for Speed: Shift and more.
* Includes numerous bug fixes, including the following key fix (additional bug fixes can be found in the release notes on the documentation tab): For graphics cards supporting multiple clock states, 3D clocks correctly return to 2D clocks after exiting a 3D application.
* Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I hope they have fixed the bugs in the last beta. I have rolled back after a day due to the "flashing".

I'll give them a try though as always.

EDIT: Where's the 64 bit windows 7 ones?

Soldato
As a word of warning, apparently there are some massive slowdown/assorted issues in World of Warcraft with the 190/191 drivers, including this set, for anyone thinking of upgrading, if thats all you play stick with the 186 revisions.

Soldato
yer i had some massive slow down in The Witcher as well, Garlt seem to be /jumping ahead in the direction i would be heading as well which was very annoying so I rolled back to the 186.10 again.

Man of Honour
Back to 186.18 for me :( nVidia seem to be doing an ATI on the driver front... just as ATI finally get their act together :S

Caporegime
Back to 186.18 for me :( nVidia seem to be doing an ATI on the driver front... just as ATI finally get their act together :S

Before I waste my time installing them like the last two betas before going back to 186.18 like you, what's wrong with these please?

Man of Honour
Pretty much same problems as the other 19x.xx for me - random slowdowns, and twice the monitor just went into standby mode (which never happens normally) while the game sounds were still playing.

Caporegime
Hmmm I never had the problems you have but the random flashing of my desktop with the last betas did my head in!

I'll try them but I suspect I'll be going back soon.......

Man of Honour
Play a few games for awhile - some of the problems aren't immediatly apparent... i.e. I can play DOD:S for about 30-40mins with nice framerates, everything looks great then at some random point around then it suddenly becomes stuttery in action scenes and movement "feels" heavy - which suggests a memory leak in the drivers. 1 time in a bout 5 I start a game up and the monitor goes into standby forcing a reboot - which never happens with older drivers.

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
So far none of the 190/191 series drivers i have tried have worked properly for me.
Always seems to be issues with slowdowns.
As others have reported monitor sometimes doesn't display as though it is being fed the wrong signal.

Sticking with the 186 drivers for now they are working fine.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
186 returnage for me too. The latest 191 made L4D slow, 4xAA 16xAF 1920x1200 got 60FPS dropping to high 40s under heavy infected bundles.

Sub 60fps? *spits*

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I've had to roll back my drivers from these as they were sending my monitors into random standby that I couldn't get back on without a restart.

They also cause jerky movement/playback in empire total war :(

Back
Top Bottom