Windows 7 Share your fav shortcuts

Soldato
Not so much a W7 exclusive thread, but what are some of your favorite shortcuts. Either keyboard or using mouse. :)

So far quite a nice one is WIndows key + arrow keys. Left and right is the same as flinging (for example) windows explorer to the left of your monitor, where it splits it 50 percent vertical. Windows + up arrow maximizes, Windows + Down restores it to how it was.

Also works in Vista: Windows key + Tab (add shift to scroll otherway).

Right click on the task bar, and you can get to task manager (I use that quite a bit for some reason).

Right click on Start and you can get to Windows Explorer (if you can't be bothered to press windows + E for example).

Anyone else know of a few shortcuts that aren't particularly well known... mine probably are well known but still. :p

Soldato
Ctrl+C

Print Screen

Many other classics...

Seriously though, Winkey+Pause I use all the time to bring up system properties, very useful.

Soldato
OP
So why title it Windows 7 Share your fav shortcuts? :confused:

Wow you are making a big deal of it. Because I can't add "Windows 7 shortcuts are prefered, but any windows shortcuts as long as not many people use them in your experience" as a thread title.

I also added it in my opening post. If you want to add something feel free, otherwise you aren't exactly being helpful. :p

Basically I am looking for new windows 7 shortcuts, but ones that work in previous versions are fine to mention if they aren't well known.

Soldato
Wow you are making a big deal of it. Because I can't add "Windows 7 shortcuts are prefered, but any windows shortcuts as long as not many people use them in your experience" as a thread title.

I also added it in my opening post. If you want to add something feel free, otherwise you aren't exactly being helpful. :p

Basically I am looking for new windows 7 shortcuts, but ones that work in previous versions are fine to mention if they aren't well known.

'Post your favourite Windows shortcuts' possibly? Seems I touched a nerve, sorry.

Soldato
OP
'Post your favourite Windows shortcuts' possibly? Seems I touched a nerve, sorry.

You haven't touched a nerve, but all you are doing is complaining about a thread title?

The one you mentions would not apply, because I would *PREFER* windows 7 shortcuts over windows Vista and below, but if a shortcut is particularly useful that you use a lot feel free to bundle it in.

If you can't offer a reply that has shortcuts / suggestions why post to complain about a thread title? It just derails the thread? :confused:

Soldato
If you can't offer a reply that has shortcuts / suggestions why post to complain about a thread title? It just derails the thread? :confused:

You derailed your own thread the moment you titled it.

Just to keep you happy however:

Windows + R is a favourite of mine.

Soldato
OP
You derailed your own thread the moment you titled it.

Just to keep you happy however:

Windows + R is a favourite of mine.

I derailed my thread by adding a title that is basically accurate but also I add a clause inside the thread?

So you are telling me that the topic of a thread should be completely entirely inside the title and contain nothing else what so ever? :confused:

Have to admit though Windows R is pretty useful, especially since 90 percent of people don't have the run command on their start menu.

Soldato
I derailed my thread by adding a title that is basically accurate but also I add a clause inside the thread?

By stating W7 in the title you put off anybody who isn't interested in W7 from ever reading it and ever seeing your clause.

So you are telling me that the topic of a thread should be completely entirely inside the title and contain nothing else what so ever? :confused:

No, but asking for information specific to W7 in the title and then opening up the discussion once past that title is backwards, the title and content that is. It would have worked the opposite way around.

Have to admit though Windows R is pretty useful, especially since 90 percent of people don't have the run command on their start menu.

Indeed :)

Soldato
OP
By stating W7 in the title you put off anybody who isn't interested in W7 from ever reading it and ever seeing your clause.

No, but asking for information specific to W7 in the title and then opening up the discussion once past that title is backwards, the title and content that is. It would have worked the opposite way around.

Indeed :)

No, it's because most people are excited about Windows 7, and I imagine if you own an OS or not most people will click a thread about shortcuts. (since there isn't 1 million shortcuts specific just to Windows 7 especially).

You're just making a big deal out of nothing, seemingly just to either be annoying or difficult. No one else is put off with it, but whatever makes you happy. :)

Soldato
No, it's because most people are excited about Windows 7, and I imagine if you own an OS or not most people will click a thread about shortcuts.

Whatever, if you cannot see that it doesn't make sense by now I'm not going to continue to explain it to you.

You're just making a big deal out of nothing, seemingly just to either be annoying or difficult.

No.

No one else is put off with it, but whatever makes you happy. :)

And this is based on what? No, don't answer that. I've apologised for touching a nerve and you can't seem to grasp what I'm talking about so I'm out.

Soldato
OP
Whatever, if you cannot see that it doesn't make sense by now I'm not going to continue to explain it to you.

No.

And this is based on what? No, don't answer that. I've apologised for touching a nerve and you can't seem to grasp what I'm talking about so I'm out.

It isn't touching on a nerve, I just feel like you are being a tad silly on focusing on a title. :)

Soldato
Stop bitching and post something useful!

For your laptop, it's nice and easy to open up windows mobility center with winkey+X

Soldato
Oh just get over it already. It's a freaking thread title! Anyways. As for shortcuts...not sure what my favourite one is really. Alt-tab has always been a favourite. Classic, but damn useful. Especially in Win 7, as the Windows stays active in the preview =D

Learnt a few new ones in here however =D

Back
Top Bottom