Noiseblocker fans

Soldato
Buying many fans is a standard novice thing to do I thought. For my first case I bought a 1600rpm s-flex to put over every available hole. When a bit older and wiser i blocked off the ones on the side panel, but I still have five in the machine now after briefly going down to two.

I think £90 on half a dozen fans is reasonable, but shadow has a very good point when he says it's unlikely you want five low pressure fans. So perhaps five noctua P12s would make more sense after all. The less reasonable stage is when you sell off current fans at a loss to try a new, basically similar fan.

GSS

GSS

Associate
I think £90 on half a dozen fans is reasonable, but shadow has a very good point when he says it's unlikely you want five low pressure fans. So perhaps five noctua P12s would make more sense after all. The less reasonable stage is when you sell off current fans at a loss to try a new, basically similar fan.

I'm considering these fans for a case upgrade, my stock case has a single 'noisey' 92mm chassis fan (rear exhuast) I don't regard 5 fans to be excessive and I'm certain these will improve the thermal environment;

1. 120mm Front Intake = HDD Cooling
2. 120mm Rear Exhaust
3. 120mm Top Exhaust
4. 120mm Side Intake or Exhaust = SLI'd 9600GT's (motherboard manual recommendation)
5. 120mm CPU Cooler Fan (replacement to balance speed & airflow with rear & top exhaust fans)

Why would it be more sensible to choose the Noctua P12's over the Noisblocker S-Series P (PWM) or Noiseblocker BlackSilent XLP (PWM) fans?

Soldato
side intake fan grills are PR and nothing more - simple airpath is almost always best option.
Front to back or bottom to top or diagonal.

Noiseblocker S3 are also not that good on coolers (ninja/HR-01+ being exceptions)
use a higher presure fan for that.

Back
Top Bottom