• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i5 750

Associate
Guys put together an i5 750 at stock on an ASUS p55 Deluxe (new work AV PC) The temp according to HW in the BIOS is 41oC idle, I have a Q6600 myself on a DS4, and i am not too familiar with this new CPU I know it has an integrated RAM controller, are these temps OK? I would like to know before I install the OS. I have an Arctic Freezer Pro 7 rev2 cooler, which I have tried re-seating and re-applying AS paste, any thoughts, helpful suggestions?
Jonnygrunge.

Associate
Mine runs between 26 and 29 at stock using a notua top down. I'm using a msi gd-80 and with it clocked at 3.5ghz i'm still getting temps between 31-36 idle. That said 40oC does not seem that high.

CSA

CSA

Associate
so do we think idle temps of around 40 are ok for this cpu ? mine is overclocked to 4ghz with 1.337v and its idling at 41/42 at the moment, i thought maybe this was a little high ?

Soldato
Mine's idling now at around 34-36 with 1.37v @ 4 GHz using a scythe ninja, seems to be about right, depends on ambient temps of course too.

Back
Top Bottom