Useful Links
Borderlands Wiki
OcUK Boderlands STEAM Group
Borderlands STEAM Names Thread
Borderlands 4-pack Thread
Borderlands GameSpy Names Thread

FAQ
What is Borderlands?
Borderlands is an upcoming sci-fi RPS game with 4-player co-op. Borderlands boasts millions of guns. Players can choose from four character classes that grow throughout the game, each with their own skill trees. There is vehicle combat as well.

What classes can I choose from?
Siren (Lilith) - can phase walk
Hunter (Mordecai) - uses a bloodwing pet for his active skill
Berserker (Brick) - goes into a rage and punches things
Soldier (Roland) - deploys a turret

Is there a level cap?
Yes, the level cap is 50.

What about replayability?
Borderlands has a new game+ feature, where you can start fresh with tougher enemies and better loot!

What's a "badass?"
WoW has elites, Borderlands has badasses. These enemies will be tougher and will drop better loot than regular old enemies do.

What happens when I die?
When you die, you enter "Fight for your life!" You drop down and are unable to move, but are still able to fire shots for a time while your screen dims. If you deal a killing blow to an enemy in this state, you are returned to life with some of your shield and health restored. If you don't, you are returned to the last New-U station for a fee.

Can I trade guns/equipment?
Currently, trading works by tossing the desired items out onto the ground for the other person.

System Requirements
Processor: 2.4 Ghz or equivalent processor
Memory: 1GB System RAM (2GB recommended with Vista)
Graphics: 256mb video ram or better (GeForce 8 series or higher/Radeon R8xx series)
Hard Drive: 8 GB or more free space
Sound: Windows compatible sound card

Game is released at 00:00 on the 29th October in PAL region.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I am seriously tempted by it, but would need some other people with it for the co op tbh :(

The weapons system sound intriguing

Caporegime
The game will also have a feature similar to Wolfenstein random level generation system. The system used is one akin to Diablo, a Procedural Content Creation System, which will influence mainly the weaponry seen in-game, but also, to a lesser degree, the in-game world and map.[5]

"We saw a ridiculous amount of guns, but perhaps the strangest was a revolver that fired shotgun shells. Gearbox is constantly surprised with what the system comes up with. They've seen rifles shoot everything from homing darts to rockets. "One of the guns tracks onto something and locks, and after three seconds, [the target] suddenly explodes, director Matthew Armstrong says."

:D:D

The pcgamer review also stated they saw hundred sof types of weapons all different and nodded in different ways.

iirc the designers estimate there are over half a million different weapons in the game

some of the weapons
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/borderlands-weapons/301715

the revolver sniper rifle looked sweet :p (even the dev hadn't seen that before)

Last edited:
Caporegime
the being able to drop into another persons single player for co op then leave and keep all, the stuff you gain there sounds cool :D

maybe there'll be a proper way of trading gear (or just dropping it and letting them pick it up)

Soldato
I'm very intrerested in this, the graphics style looks interesting and the game intself rather fun.

Once it's out and if it turns out OK, I'll be up for some co-op shenanigans.

Caporegime
I want that revolver sniper rifle but wihth some kind of incendery effetct rather than electric.

If the game seems good and i buy it I VOW TO GET THAT WEAPON!

Even if it only does 5hp of damage :p

Caporegime
Oh bad news guys the 500,000 weapons was only in the alpha :(

It's now just a mere 16 million variations :D

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons
According to Gearbox, there will be as many as 16 million different variations of weapons, as of PAX 09.

Jakobs is a weapon manufacturer in Borderlands. Their signature feature is their wooden stock and classic Western style (long handles and slim profiles). [1] Due to the fact that there is no wood on Pandora, the wood to manufacture the Jakobs guns had to be imported, thus increasing how much Jakobs weapons will sell for. Because wood is so expensive each Jakobs weapon is hand crafted and of extremely high quality resulting in higher damage than other weapons of the same level rating. These weapons also have more weight to them because of their solid wooden stocks and as a result handle recoil better but at the expense of mobility, reducing your sprint distance and movement speed for example.

I quite like the idea of this different manufacturer different styles type thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone got this? What's it like? And is it worth £27?

go to shopto.net it's £19.99 i pre ordered a while ago. if u do order from there could u please say i sent u (pm me for my email if u do cos i'll get a quid off my next purchase) :D sorry for the blatant sell out

Back
Top Bottom