• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New pc

Associate
I just bought https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-069-OE. Recieved it today!
My CPU temperatures are 32 46 42.
46-47 gives me an above normal temperature!
my core is 36.
i expected it to be a lot lot lot cooler than this, the reason i got new pc was because of recent cooling problems.

WHy is this, is there anything i need to do to the water cooling?? Set it different or anything like that.

Would appreciate a reply asap thanks :)

RJC

RJC

Don
Download HW monitor to compare temps and Prime 95 to give the cpu full load.

At the moment I would not say those temps are to high, double check the setting's on the cooler and check the fan speed, might be set for quiet mode.

I would ignor Speedfan symbols.

Edit: Link to HW Monitor - http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Okay but lol, i dont have any instructions for water cooling do you know how i check it and check quiet mode etc???

And did you get my last post with temps when i run cs?

Associate
OP
Oh ok sorry for all the posts but this is the info i have with cpuid

it says temperatures:
1 - 33C
2 - 48 C
3 - 43 C

then under my cpu temps:
core0 38
core1 38
core 2 38
goes to 4 while on cs.

So the core temperature in speed fan is my cpu? Then what are the other 3 temperatures obviously nothing to do with cpu lol.
I dont mind if my cpu stays around 37-40C, i expect that with a Over clocked CPU.

I didnt know core temp stood for all 3 cores in the cpu.

But why did my previous pc used to turn off when one of the other temps reached a temp with a flame next to it :(

RJC

RJC

Don
What was the temperature on Speedfan when the flame apperared in Speedfan and what cpu were you using.

The AMD chip has a max temp of 73c looking on the AMD website.

The other temps may be board temps ect and possibly GPU temp.

Associate
OP
51C is a flame. Im using AMD phendom II x3 920. over clocked to 3.3ghz! with water cooling :s is all this normal u think then for an over clocked pc?

Associate
OP
But then why are my brothers temperatures so much less, he has an intel quad 3.8 with a fan! and upgraded case from mine but he should be aroound what i am on??

RJC

RJC

Don
What software was he using to monitor temps, Real Temp and Core Temp are good and has he tested the cpu at full load with Prime.

What HSF is he using, the Coolit system is only as good as a average / good air cooler, do you know the actual model number of the cpu, also some Intel cpu's had stuck / faulty sensors.

Associate
OP
Ok think ive fixed it RJC, me and my brother found a button o the water cooling, it sounds louder and fans going 3 times as fast... and a lot coooler when on cs now:
temp1 29C
temp2 38C
temp3 35C
core 27C

i think that has done the trick dont u :D

Associate
OP
Haha thanks a lot for ur help m8! and i have my brothers 140 pound sennhesiser gaming head set so its all good haha ! Thanks again matey!

can i give u any sort of rating that puts ur rank up on forum or anything? :D

RJC

RJC

Don
Haha thanks a lot for ur help m8! and i have my brothers 140 pound sennhesiser gaming head set so its all good haha ! Thanks again matey!

can i give u any sort of rating that puts ur rank up on forum or anything? :D

Thats alright :)

The Gaming headset sounds good :D

Unfortunately there's not on this forum, only thing there is a friends list.

Happy computing :D

Back
Top Bottom