SPec me £800-£100 + im new.

Associate
Hi this will be my first self build and as a result i have no clue what to buy and what is a reasonable price, im looking to build a machine that has a faster processor to render hd capture cards from sony vegas and basically the whole tower and all its components my budget is between £800 and £1000 for the tower and all comonents incluiding vat. Also any tips for a first timer would be greatly appreciated.

Just to outline what i will be using the tower for:
Running two 22" full hd screens.
Processing and editing Hd game movies.
Gaming in general.
Writing basic programmes to get me through my Computing course.
Also any tools or antistatic mats i might need please tell/me add to price; ive manged to make a mate agree to help me build it so i can easy myself in slowly :).

Thanks for your help any other questions just shoot, im planning to order in the next week or so.

Permabanned
Hi and welcome

You might find reading this thread helpful, and to answer your specific query on spec me look at the £1000 intel build in the second section, good luck

Associate
OP
THats a very good sticky helped me a lot, does anyone have any specs for me?
Also apart from the obvious faster storage and access of solid state is there any other advantage or is it just future proofing?

Associate
what was wrong with the spec that 95thrifles gave in his thread?its a good setup with what he has put in there,if there is soemthing you don,t like just swop it out for something eles,as for the ssd what more could you want it to do other than what you have said yourself :)

Associate
OP
Oh i didnt see the reccomenede set ups lol, onyl read the main body of text; All i need to add is a tv and wireless card thanks.

Associate
OP
Heres the few additions/ changes ive made is this all combatible?
computerv2.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Soldato
The spec you have there looks great, but there are a couple of optimisations I would suggest:

The RAM you picked is very good, but unfortunately it is out of stock. If you want something that is in stock now, this would be my suggestion.

Again, the motherboard you picked is good, but out of stock. If you want something in stock, this board is a bit cheaper and actually rather nice.

The WD hard disk is great (I have two :)) but this comes out better in tests and is cheaper.

The GTX 285 is a good card, but with the new HD 5850s being cheaper and faster, they are hard to justify. This is my recommendation.

I would suggest going for this PSU, it should handle two 5850s and is modular, and newer and more efficient than the TX 750w.

The case is ofcourse a very personal choice, but I would suggest going for this one instead and upgrade the CPU cooler to this monster.

The only tool you will need is a decent screwdriver and a radiator to touch ever now and then.

Associate
OP
THanks for everyones help, now to find a couple of screens; also are the tv cards any decent? I allready have freeview so wouldthere be a need for a tv carD?

Back
Top Bottom