Recent stuff

Soldato
Been busy working and generally not having a chance to do much :( however I did have a bit of a binge with my new Large format kit several weeks ago. I'm really enjoying Large format at the moment, its really teaching me how think about shots.

All shot with:

Linhof Technikardan 4x5 S
Schneider super angulon-XL 72mm, and Rodenstock Symmar APO 210mm
Gitzo support,
Seconic L508 light meter
focusing cloth :p
Velvia 50 quickload.
Lee filters (0.75, and 105mm Kasseman polariser)

Saltburn Pier:

I really struggling with this, having got there before sunrise I spent ages looking around - didn't find anything I liked under the pier so settled for a view looking down it.. Unfortunatley it was stuffed with people whacking golf balls onto the beach (yes at 5am) so I had to wait until they all buggered off, will give it another go at some point..

lf1.jpg

Teesside Industry:

My friend lives in Middlesborough so everytime I'm up there I always enjoy giving the chemical works a good go, trouble is getting a good shot is very difficult and I scarcely get anything worth posting, but I liked this panoramic crop

lf2.jpg

Yes - Dunstanburgh Castle:

I love this place, its been done to death by everybody with a camera but I like it because its a good place to test new kit and see how it performs AND get some results at the same time.. Will give it another bash next month when the sun comes up over the castle rather than out of the shot, hopefully with some better skies..

lf3.jpg

Soldato
Number 2 is stunning, what happened to your Fuji GX617 set-up did you still keep it. I held back on my Medium format set-up for a wile and instead got my self a play studio as I found I quiet like shooting fashion stuff. Missing my landscape so much but just need to get my ass upto Dartmoor again. ;)

Soldato
OP
Number 2 is stunning, what happened to your Fuji GX617 set-up did you still keep it. I held back on my Medium format set-up for a wile and instead got my self a play studio as I found I quiet like shooting fashion stuff. Missing my landscape so much but just need to get my ass upto Dartmoor again. ;)

Cheers,

Nothing - Its sat right next to me now! I love it to bits, but not everything suits panoramic format, and I want to learn large format simply out of interest, I've got some stuff planned for the 617 soon.

Associate
Number 2 is my favourite here. Nice colours and the pano crop works well.

Number 1 nearly works for me but the highlights in the water are little too hot for me.

Number 3 is a little too dark for my tastes, but only a little.

I reckon we're gonna see some quite impressive shots once you really get to grips with the new kit, if these are anything to go by :D

Back
Top Bottom