• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What should I do?

Soldato
Hi there, this is my first post so go easy on me :)

My current setup is:

Asus M2N68 Plus nForce 630a motherboard

AMD Athlon II 240

2gb DDR2 ram

and a powercolor HD 4870 512mb.

I've already decided to get the MSI GD-70 with a Phenom II 965 but my debate is about what to do in terms of graphics. I love my graphics card to pieces and was thinking about just buying another one for crossfire? With the following
setup will I be able to play all new games on high settings for at least a year?

MSI GD-70

Phenom II 965

4GB DDR3

2 powercolor HD 4870 512mb

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Yea I imagine you would be ok.. just beware not all games deliver performance as you might expect from Xfire

(Welcome to the forums :) )

Soldato
the least he will get that is a profitable performance is a few more fps...but as they say if its not xfire written software then it wont work.

Well, sure you can optimise your game for xfire for optimum performance, but xfire itself is all in the driver so something will happen as long as nothing in the code is going to break it..

Soldato
OP
At watch res do you play at?

At the moment i'm playing through my TV which is limited to 1366 x 760 (or around there) but at some point i'll be getting a new monitor capable of 1920x1080. I guess i'll just go as high as my cards are willing when playing games.

Soldato
At the moment i'm playing through my TV which is limited to 1366 x 760 (or around there) but at some point i'll be getting a new monitor capable of 1920x1080. I guess i'll just go as high as my cards are willing when playing games.

you be fine at 1366 x 768 but you might find at 1920 x 1080 the 4870 512 is holding you back but to be honest i would worry about that when you get a new screen and by then ati 5*** will have dropped in price with luck and if next year nvidia will have something out as well.

Back
Top Bottom