Stalker: Clear Sky help

Associate
Now i started off enjoying this game because it actually works (ie not broke like the original) but now im just getting fustrated by the stupid health mechanics.

So ive got full health when suddenly i get shot & start bleeding. You now have a few minutes to live before you die. No problem, i take some food & stop the bleeding. Soon enough you run out of medic kits, food, drinks etc & get caught in an ambush. Slow death with no way out...if you run you may get shot or simply run out of health before you can find a place to gear up. What if you dont have enough money to buy things...

Maybe i missed something along the way but im now trapped in a tunnel with almost no health & bleeding fast. I can just about make it to a body & take his drink but some times i get shot again (oh noes! Im bleeding again!) or the can doesnt stop the bleeding (wtf?).

Last edited:
Soldato
I hope I remember correctly.

- First look at anomalies you have on you , maybe one is causing bleeding?
- Next look at stuff that reduces bleeding, maybe anomalies, maybe another vest.
- AFAIR bandages stop the bleeding, RED health kits do not stop the bleeding but only heal you.

Caporegime
You have bandages press ] and you'll use one shoud stop the bleeding and health loss.

You may have to use a few.

Energy drinks do not stop bleeding only medkits (lots of the red ones will stop it eventually but one army or since one will do it immediately) and bandages stop bleeding (bandages are a dime a dozen though on bodies).

Avoiding getting shot (use cover and don't step out only lean out) is essential at he start where assume you are (leaving the swamp and heading for the cordon by any chance?)

if you've taken the south entrance like it tells you (the tunnel and getting screwed by the mg?) once you gone there and it it says good luck or what ever turn straight around and go back to the swamp, then head to the northern most renegade base and go through that and the entrance to the cordon there you'll come out in a nice safe bit of grass.

[ is medkit

] is bandage they can be sued in the middle of fire fights.

Food and drink do not stop bleeding, food does recover some health though, drink regain your stamina.

Associate
OP
And they can only be activated by pressing "]".

hmmm. I need to check this out again then.

Awsome A.I. You can get trapped in a building for like 30 minutes picking them off. Really intense stuff.

Caporegime
"You have bandages press ]"

Is that infinite?

No but practicaly every body you find/make has one or two on them

only pic i can find from a mod

79970_1.jpg

Yours should look like the far left on, that packet on the ground when they are loose and that red/white roll icon by it is what they look like in the inventory.

If you haven't got any just head back into the swamp and get some from corpses, those little crates you break open or from the trader at clear sky.

Associate
OP
...ok well im stuck in this tunnel with people almost on top of me. Pressing ] did nothing so dont think i have any bandages. Soon as i can escape this tunnel il be fine. But yeah obviously i need some supplies & money.

Caporegime
...ok well im stuck in this tunnel with people almost on top of me. Pressing ] did nothing so dont think i have any bandages. Soon as i can escape this tunnel il be fine. But yeah obviously i need some supplies & money.

what tunnel are you in?

the one on the way to the cordon?

If you are just turn around and go back to teh swamp.

did nothing so dont think i have any bandages

look in your inventory, and remember to pick them up in future.

Soldato
Later on in the game you may find an artifact called Mamma's Beads - this stops bleeding very quickly but emits a bit of radiation.

As said previously you do not want to go anywhere without at least ten bandages, you can easily use this many in a firefight if you are not concentrating.

As Tefal and Dutchguy say save often in different files but also use a lot of quicksave! Shame the quickload takes a long time though.

Caporegime
Later on in the game you may find an artifact called Mamma's Beads - this stops bleeding very quickly but emits a bit of radiation.

As said previously you do not want to go anywhere without at least ten bandages, you can easily use this many in a firefight if you are not concentrating.

As Tefal and Dutchguy say save often in different files but also use a lot of quicksave! Shame the quickload takes a long time though.

yep so far i got 3 mamma beads pretty easy, although 1 pretty much stops everything bar a grenade injury instantly.

the Kolobok is another good one (+4 health) two of them actually mean you regain health at such a rate that even max radiation doesn't hurt you quicker than they can regen it so no need for radiation reducing artefacts unless you want a faster regen rate (cause 6/7 of it isn't being used to stop you dying of radiation sickness):p

Although a grenade will still send you to the great zone in the sky :p

Soldato
I have found one Kolobok so far but I still only have one artifact pocket in my suit so I need to swap around constantly! I really need a new suit!

Associate

You can look in your inventory to see if you have any bandages.

Back
Top Bottom