shooting

Associate
Having just read another thread i wonder just how many people shoot either targets or hunt on this forum?
Also has anyone used the software program chairgun on here?, did it prove accurate for you?

Permabanned
I've been looking into target shooting recently, its somthing ive wanted to take up for a long time however it seems for a noob like me its not that simple to get into.

Soldato
I shoot .22 rimmy, shotgun, airrifle for both target and hunting.

Chairgun is excellent software, but as with all ballistics programs, it's only as good as the data you feed it. If you're moving up to firearms, then look at the free offerings from Sako and Deben.

Associate
OP
I've been looking into target shooting recently, its somthing ive wanted to take up for a long time however it seems for a noob like me its not that simple to get into.

you would be amazed at just how many air rifle target shooting clubs there are in the UK.
Disciplines vary from field target to hunter field target which i find a lot more fun!
I am secretary of one such club in cambs and we have seen membership boom over the last few years which i have put partly dow to the social stigma which has become attached to the hobby.
If you are ever over my way then drop me a line and i will lend you one of my rifles for a trip around.

Permabanned
you would be amazed at just how many air rifle target shooting clubs there are in the UK.
Disciplines vary from field target to hunter field target which i find a lot more fun!
I am secretary of one such club in cambs and we have seen membership boom over the last few years which i have put partly dow to the social stigma which has become attached to the hobby.
If you are ever over my way then drop me a line and i will lend you one of my rifles for a trip around.

That is a kind offer, sadly im in Devon however if i do get up that way i'll drop you a line :)

Soldato
I have used it to plot my trajectories based on pellet weight, FPS, and distance. It is actually not bad at all although obviously a programme designed to work this sort of stuff out will never be 100%

Sounds v.similar to a program that Hawke do for their scopes, Ballistics software. Click Me. Then take a look at the Hawke BRC Video on the bottom right

I personally shoot shotguns, clays ocasionally. Game and anything else that flys over the farm :p

I also shoot air rifles (Weihrauch HW100) but intend to apply for my FAC soon, I fancy a .17HMR :cool:

Associate
OP
Living on a 3500 acre farm what better is there to kill the time doing?

Oh i can only dream of that:rolleyes:, I do have far too much land to shoot in Cambs already though and struggle to visit it all.However it has been a very busy year taking care of bugs and the ammount of Eley .22LR i have got through should entitle me to free shares in the company!

Associate
OP
Sounds v.similar to a program that Hawke do for their scopes, Ballistics software. Click Me. Then take a look at the Hawke BRC Video on the bottom right

I personally shoot shotguns, clays ocasionally. Game and anything else that flys over the farm :p

I also shoot air rifles (Weihrauch HW100) but intend to apply for my FAC soon, I fancy a .17HMR :cool:

I just sold my CZ Varmint .17 HMR due to lack of use!, every time i reached in to my cabinet a .22 LR would emerge although it was a great bit of kit for 100 yard plus although a tad loud even when moderated. Go for it mate and enjoy!:D

Soldato
Oh i can only dream of that:rolleyes:, I do have far too much land to shoot in Cambs already though and struggle to visit it all.However it has been a very busy year taking care of bugs and the ammount of Eley .22LR i have got through should entitle me to free shares in the company!

Lucky guy . When i lived in scotland i had 6000+ acres to shoot over . Only have about 80 now and when i move none unless i fancy an hours drive :(

Persil

Soldato
It's been a very long time for me, mainly fullbore target rifle but did some pistol too. Gee it's even longer than I first remembered since I was out on a range.

Back
Top Bottom