Barack Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize

Soldato
For "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples".

All a bit knee-jerk if you ask me, I think it's dangerous to build him up so much, it'll just amplify his mistakes in future.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
At least he has done more for peace than Al Gore and the IPCC...

It is a political prize and nothing more these days, vote for flavour of the month!

Associate
For "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples".

What exactly has he done ? apart from coin that pathetic "yes we can" phrase.

If you are going to give any American politician the Nobel peace prize give it to Bill Clinton. He's the one who had the balls to travel to North Korea and persuade KJI to release 2 American prisoners.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice to win a peace prize whilst conducting TWO illegal wars...

He was nominated 2 weeks into his presedency, how desperate were they for candidates this year?

Nobel would hang his head in shame.

//edit, He also just refused to visit the dali lama as to not upset the Chinese - He's got balls too it seams. :(

Last edited:

AGD

AGD

Soldato
I think obama has been moving in the right directions but he has not done enough 8 months in to warrant the peace prize.

Soldato
To me this is just bandwagon jumping by the people who award the peace prize. He's not actually done anything yet. I think the whole world is kissing his arse just because he's black. He's got exactly the same job as his predesessors and so far has done nothing ground breaking.

Soldato
Spearheading? No. He can't just withdraw troops as soon as he comes to office, life doesn't work like that.
Indeed - and neither should he.

But Pakistan, Iran, North Korea.... the guy is hardly the Dalai Lama is he.

In the job for 9 months - check.
500+ still in Guantanamo - check.
Weekly UAV Airstrikes in Pakistan - check.
Posturing and threatening Iran and NK - check.
Failures in Afghanistan - check.
9,400 nuclear warheads in stock - check.
Nobel Peace Price for "strengthening international diplomacy" - check.

I guess hysteria sells.

Back
Top Bottom