SE W995 or Samsung Jet

Soldato
I am due an upgrade with 3. £8 monthly loyalty discount, meaning I get 500 minutes and text for £10/month. I am looking to get either of these 2 phones for an extra £10/month.

Good deal?

I only use 100 mins + 50 texts a month. I have a 6500 slide. Other than calls and text, I use in order of importance: radio, mp3 player, camera, video camera.

I know the W995 will do exactly what I want and more - internet/wifi and movie support are bonuses.

The question is whether I take the plunge with the Jet because of better screen, more video formats supported (e.g. divX) and easier to surf the net with larger touchscreen? The only downside I can imagine is frustration at using touchscreen - screen response when surfing and texting. Jet also has a lower res camera, but better video camera resolution.

Don't really want another Nokia.

Not really life and death question, but opinions much welcome. I have yet to phone retentions and blag any more discounts.

Permabanned
For me,the W995 is just like every other walkman sony ericsson thats been released.

Ok it has a stand and a higher MP camera but everything else is the same old stuff.

My friend owns a samsung jet and it is a nice phone,easy touch screen,nice clear screen and good at internet surfing.

For me i would choose the jet over the W995 purely because the W995 has no Real gain from other walkmans.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Ive not had the W995 so i cant comment on that. I do have a Samsung Jet, i had to get one as a tempory measure as my little N95 died :(

First off the main thing i have noticed with it, is the screen. Its simply fantastic, other than different Samsung AMOLED screens i don't think their is a phone around to match it. The UI is very quick and snappy and very easy to navigate and use, the camera is very good. However, its not overly clever is low light conditions with moving images. Internet on the phone is very good as well, it has no problems with flash pages ether.

Soldato
I've just got the w995, and in fact using it now to post this.

I decided to get the w995 as a upgrade to a n95 8gb, and I can't find a fault with it. I've had a 6500 classic and have used the slide, and can say for sure that the features are miles better than both 6500s but it does aim for a different market.

I did look at the jet, but its just too big for me, it's bigger that the iphone and touch screen is just not my thing.

Soldato
OP
Ive not had the W995 so i cant comment on that. I do have a Samsung Jet, i had to get one as a tempory measure as my little N95 died :(

First off the main thing i have noticed with it, is the screen. Its simply fantastic, other than different Samsung AMOLED screens i don't think their is a phone around to match it. The UI is very quick and snappy and very easy to navigate and use, the camera is very good. However, its not overly clever is low light conditions with moving images. Internet on the phone is very good as well, it has no problems with flash pages ether.

Have you tried playing videos on it - any problems with formats, playback, etc?

I've just got the w995, and in fact using it now to post this.

I decided to get the w995 as a upgrade to a n95 8gb, and I can't find a fault with it. I've had a 6500 classic and have used the slide, and can say for sure that the features are miles better than both 6500s but it does aim for a different market.

I did look at the jet, but its just too big for me, it's bigger that the iphone and touch screen is just not my thing.

It is ever so slightly smaller than the iphone actuallly but thanks also.

Swaying towards the Jet for now...

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Ive not tryed any yet, as i dont really use it for that. I can load a few on the phone this evening and review how it gets on. Is there any file types you would like me to try?

Soldato
OP
That would be great :)

Not fussed what type. I think I read somewhere (Cnet?) that sometimes transferring divx/avi files isn't transferred or played back properly. But elsewhere hasn't reported anything.

RSR

RSR

Soldato

Not fussed what type. I think I read somewhere (Cnet?) that sometimes transferring divx/avi files isn't transferred or played back properly. But elsewhere hasn't reported anything.

Let me try that and ill report back :)

Associate
I went to buy an iPhone last week, but no stock left.

Then decided that I did not want a locked phone, so ordered a Jet (mainly for the screen) which arrived this afternoon and is charging at the moment. :)

Associate
I went to buy an iPhone last week, but no stock left.

Then decided that I did not want a locked phone, so ordered a Jet (mainly for the screen) which arrived this afternoon and is charging at the moment. :)

RSR

RSR

Soldato

Just tryed a few files and they worked with out any problems :D

Back
Top Bottom