About to format, what to remember?

Soldato
As title, this weekend ill be formatting my macbook pro, all I can think of at the moment that I must remember is:

1) Deactivate itunes, as iv only 2 'open accounts' left on it

2) Backup light room .lcat ? file so I dont loose those settings

3) Obviously all my files and pictures and itunes folder

Im not wanting to 'recover' it via time machine, as frankly I want a true clean new start with snow leapord and ill just reinstall office, etc things like that.

Anything else I must remember to do that I wont be able too after format ?

Commissario
You don't need to deactivate iTunes. It's quite clever and will recognise your system even after a reformat and you won't lose an activation.

When I reformatted a while back, I had the same number of authorised computers.

Soldato
OP
It used up one of my 'accounts' last time I did it, so doesnt work for me, ill have to deactivate it.

Ahh yes internet favs good point, anything else ?

EDIT: ooh the file for iweb so I can still edit my website ! which one is it again ? config file i think.

Also just thought, my origonal macbook had ilife on it with leapord, if I clean install snow leapord can i put my old leapord disc in and install ilife only ?

Last edited:
Associate
If you use up all 5 of your iTunes store accounts, you have the option of removing them all and then re-adding the ones that you want. It's very simple, so don't worry about the hassle.

Commissario
Never heard of this, just installed, great idea. Thanks!

It's fantastic. I use Firefox as my browser with Xmarks to sync my bookmarks to Safari on the Mac Pro. Safari then syncs the bookmarks to the cloud via MobileMe which in turn then syncs them out to my laptop and iPhone :)

Back
Top Bottom