True Utility Lighter

Soldato
OP
Kl stuff. Do they leak gas like the standard zippos? And they aren't prone to people burning themselves with are they? ;)

And i'll send you a msg JoeMama. Edit: I won't msg you then :D Anyone else just ask. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I used to have one, it was quite good especially in the wind. It did use gas at an alarming rate though.

And no they don't leak, they're gas, zippos are fluid which is why the leak, it just evaporates out of the gaps.

Can't go wrong with zippos though, I have several and they're corking. Just need filling up quite often because of the evaporation. About once a week, maybe two weeks at a big stretch.

Edit: mine was one of these http://www.trueutility.com/pocket-tools-store/turbojet_flame_lighter.html

Soldato
OP
I used to have one, it was quite good especially in the wind. It did use gas at an alarming rate though.

And no they don't leak, they're gas, zippos are fluid which is why the leak, it just evaporates out of the gaps.

Can't go wrong with zippos though, I have several and they're corking. Just need filling up quite often because of the evaporation. About once a week, maybe two weeks at a big stretch.

I won't use it too much so it should be ok.
Does it take butane gas? Any butane gas refiller will do if so?

Yeah i prefer zippos, just can't justify the £15+ price tag to it, especially if it's gonna be evaporating on me.

Soldato
I have had all sorts of lighters, from cheap to £60 posh ones. I don't know how reliable this particular lighter is but standard jet flame lighters don't tend to last an awfully long time. They usually start out quite well, then after a while they won't light reliably and first time every time.

The best windproof gas lighters i have had have been the ones that give a powerful, tall thin jet flame. I think they're designed for cigars. Dealextreme sell some for around $6.50. I bought 2 from there, one stopped working after a couple of months but the other, which i use all the time, is still going strong after about a year.

Soldato
Where? I'm not having much luck. :(

They're open every day of the week ;)

I won't use it too much so it should be ok.
Does it take butane gas? Any butane gas refiller will do if so?.

Any butane gas like the yellow Ronson cans that you can buy everywhere. I've been told that those expensive 'extra pure' butane cans, e.g. calibri, are a waste of money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom