Finding my 1TB drive

Soldato
Hi, I just recieved my new computer yesterday and spent this evening building it. Everything went well, I thought I'd struggle with all the new technologies but I've really taken to it.

The only problem is that when I go to My Computer in Windows 7, the drive isn't there? But when I installed 7 is was listed as one of my 2 drives.

Just wondering if I've missed anything or what steps to take in finding it again?

Cheers in advance.

Soldato
Yeah as above, go to control panel -> administrative tools -> computer management -> disk management and it should be obvious what to do from there.

Caporegime
Its one that caught me out, add a second drive (non raid) disk management in control panel, format/initialize the drive, and off you go, thinking of going ssd for an os drive.

Caporegime
SSDs are awesome. How's the i7 rig running these days setter? Mine's back at stock while I work out motherboard overheating issues
I love it mate, my q9550 p5q dlx was awesome, but this is something else, im so glad i bought it, the p6t is a nice board, sata slot layout is a bit iffy, using my true black still gives the option of 12gb ram (not that ill need it) Few build pics.

Picture012.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Im trying to source another xfx 280 gtx xt for sli, my current card is one of theese, id prefer to have two identical cards in sli as my current gtx is a very good clocker. but to run 2 in sli id prefer to have 2 matched cards, this takes out a lot of stability issues, i ran sli on nforce 680i with cards that were of the same generation, but with slightly different clockspeeds, one was bfg, other was leadtek. They worked ok to gether, but im a bit of a worrier, i would prefer 2 cards that are the same.:)

Soldato
I've been looking for a factory overclocked evga 8800gt for about 6 months, I agree entirely. Good luck finding one, and more importantly good luck cooling the things.

I do wonder if moving to gigabyte was a bad shout, lovely though the board is I do miss Asus. Hows overclocking the i7 working out? Curious how the TRUE is bearing up vs my water, I was at 4ghz, 62 degrees but sadly unstable in high ambients

Caporegime
No clocking yet jon, bit busy with work lately, but from all the stuff ive read, i7 overclocking actually sounds a wee bit less complicated than s775 on my previous q9550. I found this guide which seems pretty good, actually printed it off to have a decent read through it.

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/538439-guide-overclocking-core-i7-920-4-a.html

Temp wise im currently iding at 31-27-32-26, highest load temp on a half hour p95 small fft run (ht enabled) was 55c iirc, thats with my current sharkoon 400-1200rpm pwm fans (they dont hit 1200 till cpu goes above 60c), got some sharky 2000 rpms that i could add to the TRUE, probably give a 5-8c drop in temps if i ran them at full pelt, im actually thinking of ditching the pwm fans and going back to the 5 2000 rpm fans and running them of the fan controller.

Soldato
OP
I love you guys! I really do, took me about 30 secs to sort it haha. Just got to wait for it to finish formatting. Cheers!

EDIT: Pfft, I7 talk!.... I think I'll be sticking with my 965 Phenom II for a while, purely because it's called "Black Edition". :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom