500mb inclusive web browsing on Dolphin plans.

Permabanned
How do you make sure you don't go over the 500mb a month? Is there a way to monitor your bandwidth used. I have the Omnia i8910 HD. I also have the Dolphin 45 plan at Dolphin 40 price.

Thanks!

Soldato
I use an app which tells me when I hit 450mb every month.

If you download music, watch videos etc. that will use it pretty quickly.

Otherwise 500mb of text, basic images and app data is a lot.

edit: this is on a htc hero

Soldato
Torch [P4];15065089 said:
is that netcounter m8?
can it monitor individual connections ? ie only the mobile data connection and not the wifi?

Yep, NetCounter monitors wifi and cell connections separately. You can set an alarm level for running daily, weekly, monthly totals. Also can specify when your contract month starts.

Soldato
I use an app which tells me when I hit 450mb every month.

If you download music, watch videos etc. that will use it pretty quickly.

Otherwise 500mb of text, basic images and app data is a lot.

edit: this is on a htc hero

500mb a lot!? If you go on the standard internet its not really - say you want to stream music a la spotify or use slingbox - 500mb is NOTHING (16mb a day). I certainly couldnt live on such a small cap. Both Vodafone and Orange have this crippling limit on a 'unlimited' service.

Associate
Just log into your orange account and monitor your usage from there. I check this on my phone or a pc. Usuage stats are often less then a day recent, so it's pretty good. I've also got a i8910HD, what you think? i love mine !

Permabanned
500mb a lot!? If you go on the standard internet its not really - say you want to stream music a la spotify or use slingbox - 500mb is NOTHING (16mb a day). I certainly couldnt live on such a small cap. Both Vodafone and Orange have this crippling limit on a 'unlimited' service.

Hi Christo,

If you are streaming regularly I can understand why 500mb of data would not seem like a great deal to play with. However, if you do exceed this you would not be charged over and above your data allowance of 500mb.

If we were to notice that there was excessive data usage every month then we may notify you and ask that you limit your usage, however this only happens in cases of very heavy data consumption.

I trust this information has helped. :D

All the best,

Espi
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

Back
Top Bottom