FA Cup? **Spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Anyone's team still involved? Or been knocked out already?

My lot had a North v's South clash at Dorchester today and we turned a half time 0-1 deficit on the head to win 2-1 with Tom Hamblin getting the winner twenty minutes from time.
£7500 in the bank thanks to that :cool:

No hotlinking, it costs them money in bandwidth...

Last edited:
Associate
£7500 in the bank thanks to that

Personally or for the club?

Looking at the FA Cup results today the only local team in there (Till Wolves get drawn into it) is AFC Telford who got to play a replay to go through. I take it the Conference and League 2 teams get drawn into the next round?

Permabanned
OP
you won £7500 on a game like that?
Personally, lol, no, the prize money for winning through each round rises as the competition gets closer to the final. We bagged £4,500 in the second qualifier, £7,500 today and if we win the fourth qualifier then we get £10,500 (I think), although any who gets to the 4th qualifier is a good team and they're joined by the Conference national teams too so if we win that £10,500 it'll be well earned!

Permabanned
OP
nothing too special? I can assure you £7500 (+ £4500) is special, it'll pay the wages for six weeks!

And FWIW, 25 clubs got their £7500 today....

Permabanned
OP
I don't agree with that sentiment at all. I think it shows the feeling you get from supporting a smaller club when the bonus of getting prize money for the club is felt by everyone from Chairman down to the fans.

Caporegime
Yeah but come on you don't really want to discuss the FA Cup at all, you just want to do the whole "small clubs are real football clubs" "supporting a small club is so much more real" crap, as evidenced by your posts in this thread. It's trolling really.

Associate
Really, whats wrong with a thread about the FA Cup?

Wouldn't worry about it. The only time the big clubs take any interest in the FA/League cups is when they've been knocked out of Champions League/Europa cup or the title race then the FA cup suddenly seem more important.

I should point out I'm a Wolves fan and I'd like to think we take the competition seriously even though we have no chance of winning it. :( i wonder which team will be the giant killers this season.
Just seen Shamikebabs post and yeah it would have been better if there was a fa cup thread that was started in the first round rather than the usual small club v big club argument.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom