Saw "Up" last night....

Soldato
For me just about everything Pixar does is a hit, except Cars, that was dire, don't know how they could get it so right for so long then mess it up so badly.

Man of Honour
For me just about everything Pixar does is a hit, except Cars, that was dire, don't know how they could get it so right for so long then mess it up so badly.

A Bug's Life & Ratatouille are the other two weak films in my book.

Finding Nemo and Wall-E are easily to best.

Soldato

I agree with a Bugs Life, I always forget that's a pixar movie, get it mixed with Antz. However I must disagree on Ratatouille, I avoided it for months and months because I didn't like the basic premise, however it's now up there with my top 3 pixar movies.

Caporegime

Finding Nemo and Wall-E are easily to best.

Agree...finding nemo and Wall E are both brilliant...i thought Wall E was superb..saw it in Canada when it opened there...took my nephew and niece...not a lot of talking but thats what i loved about it.

Caporegime
Cars and A Bugs Life are the only ones I've really disliked, can't believe they're making a Cars 2 :(

I'd much rather see an Incredibles 2, I think the first is the most underrated.

Soldato
Looking forward to seeing it, I think Finding Nemo is the best one, WallE was also very good but the 2nd half spoilt it I feel.

It always make me laugh that John Lasseter was sacked by Disney for saying computer animation was the future 20 odd years ago and now he's the creative head :p

Soldato
I was distinctly unimpressed. I took my wife and 3.5 year old to see it. He was actually quite scared by some of the scenes with the chasing dogs, was bored by the first part (until the house takes off) and only really laughed when the met Kevin and Doug. As a kid's film I don't think it hits the right notes at all. Its good for older kids and adults but the fact that my son was bored said it all for me. He loves Nemo and The Incredibles but Up turned out to be waste of money.

Associate
Saw it on Saturday and can't praise it enough. I had tears of laughter rolling down my face, followed by welling up with emotion, followed by tears of laughter again. It's visually beautiful, saw it in 3D which I'm still not sure about, it tends to dull the image which is a shame.

Dug is awesome, watch this film for him alone :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom