RIP Stephen Gately

Man of Honour
Boyzone were the first 'band' my daughters were interested in and I used to joke that their favourite, Stephen was actually gay.
They never lived it down when he came out and it still gets mentioned from time to time.
My eldest is in bed and doesn't know yet but even though she grew out of him a long time ago it will still upset her.
Time to go and be evil.

RIP Stephen and probably no one will break Boyzone's record of 15 straight singles in the top 5.

Soldato
Can't say I was a big Boyzone fan but they were massively linked to 90s culture, I reckon the whole country in the 90s woudl've heard of them. He was very young as well so it's a shame.

Soldato
R.I.P indeed, however I have to agree with some of the views in here.

Personally I feel this should be on the front page, not some celebrity. School children being burnt alive is pretty horrific.

Soldato
RIP

as has been said a few times, it screams of an OD

Drugs, freak natural event or sexual mishap?

I hope you two come back and apologise when the post mortem has been had because there is no way it would have had anything to do with drugs. Not that i'm claiming to have known him personally but I do know he was very anti drugs.

He was brought up in Seville Place, one of the rougher areas of Dublin's Northside. However Stephen says of the area "It's not as bad as people think it is. For years it's been put down as slums, which it's not. The area where I lived does have a bad drug problem, and some of my friends who I grew up with are in a bad way, which is why I'm very much anti-drugs"

Caporegime
No way, when did he die? :(

You serious??:eek: it was pretty well known that Heath Ledger died a few yrs ago...were you living in a cave or something??:p. I mean i dont pay much attention to the news etc but even i knew Heath Ledger had passed away.

Anyhow RIP...i thought i recognised the name when i saw the thread title...guessed right when i said its one of the boyzone guys....young age to kick the bucket :/.

Associate
he was perfectly healthy, and went out for a night out like the majority of us probably did last nite, just goes to show that every days a blessing and not a given right.

RIP

You must live in a disney cartoon....a tenner says massive OD with some kind of asphixiation bondage foreplay.

too young to die though

Back
Top Bottom