Darn it, parking 'ticket'

Dup

Dup

Soldato
parking1z.jpg

parking2r.jpg

What do we make of this? Who are they and what would give them the right to enter my home and steal my worthless belongings? There was no ticket on my car, they aparently used CCTV to book me on a sunday, the miserable gits.

Granted, it was a genuine mistake. With it being sunday I assumed they wouldn't be out booking people and at the time the car park only had my car in it and there are like 5 million bays and the adjascent shops weren't even open still. I had 5 mins to go back to the car while my other half was at the unis open day but it took me 20 mins to get back to it so I did run past the alloted time.

My first problem with this is that Mr D *********r does not exist. My name is *********l but this was also incorrect on the V5. Despite the mistake and changing the registration twice, the DVLA couldn't put the correct name on the V5 despite the woman at the DVLA office clearly writing it correctly on the forms, although this version of my name was better than the others they had :D. The cars gone now anyway, so at least I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Can I tell them to foxtrot oscar? I aint had a parking ticket in ages and they certainly aint the council. Yes I was 15 mins olverdue, but is 15 mins worth £50? Hell no. That's quite dispropportionate to their losses I'm quite sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think you may have a few routes out of this. First, you can ask for proof as to who the driver of the vehicles was. This normally works because the parking people can't prove who it was, but in this instance, they claim to have the CCTV of it. But who knows, they might be bluffing?

Secondly, like you said, they can't "punish" you, they can only charge you for the losses they sustained during this time. Get them to demonstrate how they lost £50 within this time.

Soldato
p.s. don't ignore it. If you ignore it they can apply for some kind of court order, then they can send 'round the boys. If the fine is "in dispute" (ie. by you sending them a letter asking the above questions), they can't do a lot afaik.

Soldato
p.p.s. if you do send them a letter, don't lie about anything in it. Also, you must act "icily polite" in the letters and do not start pleaing/bargaining (ie. "I was only there for 15minutes extra, please can you forgive me this once wahhh wahhh"

Dup

Dup

Soldato
OP
I might just send them a letter back stating that we recieved a letter to a Mr D Duperouzer who does not exist at this address and that they should forward their enquries elsewhere. That, or I could just ignore it on the grounds that opening Mr D Duperouzers mail is illegal as he's not here to open it...

According to the BPA (please note the stamp at the top left) they should qualify who the driver of the vehicle is and not just stamp the fine on the registered keeper as they state in the letter which I could also point out to them.

I'm under the impresseion however that replying will let it play into their hands and that I am in some way admitting liability for the 'offence'.

Soldato
Point out that whilst you are the registered keeper, contrary to their information any contract formed by parking in the car park was between the driver of the car and BPA. If they can supply the name of the driver then you will assist in forwarding the latter to that person.

There are several template letters for this kind of thing on Pepipoo.

Soldato
I think ignoring it is possibly a default win for them; it's certainly never worked for me.
I would go with Gaygle's response.

Associate
p.s. don't ignore it. If you ignore it they can apply for some kind of court order, then they can send 'round the boys. If the fine is "in dispute" (ie. by you sending them a letter asking the above questions), they can't do a lot afaik.

Bad advice.

It is a mail scam and can be safely ignored.

It is a private parking company, it is not a fine as PPCs cannot issues fines. All they can issue is an unenforceable invoice. The OP should ignore all correspondence from the PPC, unless they actually send out genuine stamped court papers. This is extremely unlikely to happen as the PPC knows they will lose in court.

More info here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Associate
Also @ the OP

Either remove the pictures from your post or blank out all identifying details, eg. vehicle reg.

Remove anything from your post that could be construed as an admission of being the driver. In the very unlikely event that it does reach court the PPC could use that against you.

Soldato
I started getting these through the post a few months ago (when I borrowed my car to an unknown party, and they were careless enough to park it in a sainsbury's car park for too long, you understand). Like most I panicked and begun writing out a cheque, but I decided to do a bit of research and it turns out a private company can't do an awful lot in these situations. They can only send 'the boys' round if it goes to court, they magically prove that you were the driver and yet you still continue to ignore them.

Oh, and the trick is just to ignore them. Completely. If you bother to spend your time writing back to them they'll smell a chance that they can twist your arm for some payment if they keep harassing you.

Don't be gullible ;).

Dup

Dup

Soldato
OP
Well, I asked my good friend Benson what he thought I should do. He got into a terrible rage about the throught of spending £50 which could have been spent on chews and balls and possibly new flooring to lie on...

eat1.jpg

eat2g.jpg

Back
Top Bottom