Stuck/hot pixels... any cure?

Soldato
I've been taking a few light trails over the motorway and i've noticed a few red pixels and 1 blue popping up after 15 seconds, about 4 in total

Can these be mapped out some way or am i stuck with PSing them out?

Camera is my aging 300D - sure it never used to do this :confused:

Soldato
Someone had a similar thread to this a few months ago but I forget the user or title I'm afraid. I had a look and couldn't see it either.

they were using a 300D or 350D as well from memory. I think its because the camera doesn't have a long exposure noise reduction function so these hot spots will start appearing. the longer the exposure the more will appear.

Soldato
Nearly all digital cameras have hot pixels during a long exposure, all my Canon's used to do it and there is no cure, other than PSing them out, or using some sort of software to remember their location and automatically clone them out for you.

Soldato
OP
You'll need to write your own action because your hot pixels will be in a different place to everyone elses.

Take a long exposure of the inside of the lens cap, open it up in PS then record an action while you clone out all the hot spots. Save the action and you're done.

Cool :)

Don't spose you've seen a step by step for a n00b?

Back
Top Bottom