Toshiba Qosmio problem...

Associate
Hi Guys

I've got an ageing Qosmio F20-136 laptop, that im going to donate to my sister. The problem i've got is the pin form the power connector has been snapped off. I still have the pin but I cant for the life of me find a guide to taking apart the laptop to try and re-solder it back into place. If any of you wise people know where i can get the instructions from i'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
you'll stuggle to find one due to only being available to authorised repairers.

I think you would need a new socket complete rather than resolder the pin strong enough.

These are a tricky one to take apart but if you want to have a go its basically all the screws out the base and under any panels etc. Keyboard and strip cover off, screws on top, disconnect all cables carefully with a small flat blade gently, the wifi cables are fiddly on these too, this is a rough guide that works with most laptops but these are tricky so don't attempt if not confident.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your reply. I managed to find away of getting it apart thanks to your steps. It's working for now. Do you happen to know the best place to get a new socket from? I've had a look on google and the bay, but any personal recomendations would be good.

Thanks

Soldato
I've generally found ebay sockets to be of the same quality as oem, but can't say specifically on these as I've never done one, can't fine one on there for this one though.

Back
Top Bottom