Zombie films

Soldato
I rather like the resident evil films, mainly the first one the most. Shaun of the dead was cool too.

The Will Smith one i cant recall the name was rather good if a bit boring till the action kicked off.

So anyone recommend a good zombie film thats like any of the above which i supose is action/zombie instead of a straight horror type.

Chicks with guns types are most welcome. :)

Soldato
There's loads of decent zombie movies.

I guess 28 days later and maybe 28 weeks later would be up your street, if you want more after those try the great George Romero movies, night dawn and day of the dead, then land and the latest diary.

REC is an awesome movie too, the american remake is okay but I preferred the Spanish(?)version

There's a good Big Brother mockup Zombie mini series called Dead Set that's well worth a watch, just to see Davina zombie up :p

I could recommend a load of B zombie movies but you might not be that into the genre to enjoy them, stay with the mainstream, I guess :)

Hope that helps and happy viewing!

Soldato
It's called "I am Legend"

There is also one by Quentin Tarantino called Planet Terror, whilst being rather far fetched (Girl loses leg, girl replaces leg with M16) it's still worth a watch.

Dog House, starring Danny Dryer is also worth a watch.

Others include;
Zombie Diaries, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Flight of the Dead..... There are quite a few available.

Zombieland is another one which is currently out at the cinema, I haven't seen this myself yet but from what I have heard it looks to be rather good!

And REC is a fantastic film. Quite frightening if you watch it on your own with your back to a door! :)

Last edited:
Associate
Zombi 2 aka. Zombie Flesh Eaters, superb and classic Zombie film from 1979. It's not mainstream but it's without a doubt one of the best Zombie films ever made, along with Dawn of the Dead.

Soldato
Dawn of the dead is the one with the shopping mall isn't it?

Day of the dead is the one you're thinking of I believe.

Edit - I could be wrong though. :p

I've just imdb'd Dawn of the Dead because I get them all confused and no I believe that isn't the shopping mall one, I seem to remember they're in some kind of warhouse/industrial building. I could be wrong though as it's a long time since I saw any of these movies, I just remember them being far, far more creepy than the modern adaptations.

Soldato
Dawn of the dead is the shopping mall. They do go into the industrial bits of the mall with trucks. I watched couple weeks back :)

Day of the dead is the underground bunker me thinks.

And the 70's version are the greatest! Best zombie kill in Dawn of the dead in my opinion in there. I won't spoil it for others though.

Last edited:
Soldato
by not wanting b movies and older movies you have removed the best

braindead

also known as the best film peter jackson ever made

Back
Top Bottom