Which case out of these?

Soldato
Hey all, just a quick question.

Looking for a tower style case for my next build, i've narrowed it down but having trouble choosing. The cases are:

- Coolermaster Centurion 541
- Coolermaster Elite 341
- Lian-Li A03
- Silverstone TJ08
- Thermaltake WingMA

In terms of size, the A03 is the biggest out of those but it's also my favourite as it's the best looking, best built, best internal layout.

Please bear in mind it's for a SFF build, but would you still take the Lian-Li out of those?

Thanks. :)

Soldato
That looks remarkably like the list I was looking at myself a while ago... Chose one which wasn't on my list in the end (sig).

To be honest if CM hadn't stuck a dam logo right on the case like that I'd have taken the 341 long ago. Looks good, excessive space for fans, very small for a tower. Didn't like the front ports on the 351 centurion right at the bottom like that.

Possibly would get the Lian.

Incidentally, seen the new CM 360? Takes ATX boards and is still as small as that lot. Only two 3.5 and two 5.25 slots mind. Clicky. Interesting. Vague 360ness about it with the indented middle top and bottom of the bezel.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Interesting choice you made. I love the Mini-P180 and if it was a bit smaller i'd be all over it like a rash. Alas, it's not that much smaller than it's bigger brother, the P180.

To me, it's not really "SFF".

I saw that Coolermaster case but I already have a motherboard, RAM, CPU etc. all ready to go so i'm just looking for as small a case as possible that has a decent amount of room. It'll be taking a 5870 Vapor-X and an H5O as the CPU cooler, so it needs to accomodate both without trouble.

Soldato
Well that's going to narrow it down again.

The H50 has a 120mm radiator and needs a 120mm fan.

The Centurion has only a 80mm fan at the rear, the Lian-Li a 90mm fan. Both have a 120mm front fan but very dubious if it's in range or likely to allow a rad to be fitted.

The Thermaltake has a fixed drive rack and a 16.3" depth, the 5870 isn't a short card so you'd need to check up the maximum length of card it can fit. Or get a Dremel ready.

Silverstone TJ08 and Coolermaster 341 are the only ones that I can see it all fitting in with no issue.

Back
Top Bottom