spec me a wifi card

Permabanned
D-Link do one called "Wireless N PCIe Desktop Adapter DWA-556", not cheap at around £40 but it is wireless N, though you'd also need a wireless N router then too, cant find any g series, and as youre prob aware most are just PCI not PCI-E. If you want one of above Im sure youll be able to find one ;)

Associate
They don't stock them on ocuk but just do a quick Google for;

Abit Airpace WiFi PCI-E card

Average price seems to be about £9 / £10.

Can't see anything glaringly wrong with them, mind I haven't had my coffee yet :rolleyes:

Associate
They don't stock them on ocuk but just do a quick Google for;

Abit Airpace WiFi PCI-E card

Average price seems to be about £9 / £10.

Can't see anything glaringly wrong with them, mind I haven't had my coffee yet :rolleyes:

This.

Brilliant cards for the money, much better than other belkin/netgear cards I've had which cost twice the price.

I've actually got these in my PC, the GF's PC and the parents' PC.

Soldato
This.

Brilliant cards for the money, much better than other belkin/netgear cards I've had which cost twice the price.

I've actually got these in my PC, the GF's PC and the parents' PC.

Will this be good to use with Windows 7 64bit?

I ask cause a friend is having problems with wireless spiking the known problem with vista/win7, he's tried everything to sort it from using the anti-lag program to all kinds of different drivers.

Sorry to hijack your thread neil3k

Associate
I'm using it with W7 x64 now as it goes. No signal drops from the card for me, and this is using the drivers that windows selects for it, not downloaded or from the disk.

Back
Top Bottom