P6T SE or P6TD Deluxe?

Associate
I was wondering which board would be best for running the following components:

2 x GTX260 in SLI
Asus Xonar 7.1 PCIe Sound Card
Adaptec 1420SA RAID Controller

My GTX260s are the Gainward ones with custom coolers so are slightly larger and need a decent gap between them to SLI them.

The raid controller can be used in a PCI or a PCIe slot.

I intend to run an i7 950 at stock in the board, with maybe a 10-20% overclock later. Memory will be 6GB of Kingston Hyper X. I also intend to use the Thermolab Baram cooler.

So which board meets my criteria best?

Permabanned
If you dont want to spend much but want a quality board the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R is a good choice, With a BIOS update it will support SLI aswell as Crossfire but other than that I'd go with the UD5

EDIT: I wouldn't get the P6T SE as it doesnt support SLI. The P6tD does thou,

Last edited:
Associate
OP
i'm a bit concerned about the slot configuration on the UD5 due the size of the gainward coolers - i'll have no access to the PCI slots

Soldato
^The P6T vanilla is a good board but it has the same slot placement as the SE I believe; ie two cards in SLi would be jammed up against each other. I'm not sure if this would create thermal problems.

Associate
Im running a 285 right up next to my Xonar D2 (Literally 2mm space between) on a P6T Deluxe without any ventilation problems.

Thats in a CM Sniper, though I've added a couple of 120mm fans to the side as the Sniper tends to get hot around the VGA.

Does the HAF have a side fan? If it does, or you can add one, you shouldnt have any problems really.

Back
Top Bottom