Big monitor choice

Associate
Hi

I will going down to OC tomorrow for a new PC and monitor but still have no clue witch one to go for, this will be for gaming and watching films. I am looking for a BIG monitor so could you help me with a choice.

My budget is £450

Dell Ultrasharp 2709W 27" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Hanns.G HG281D 28" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Samsung T260 26" Widescreen LCD Monitor

thank's

Associate
your budget will struggle with the dell -

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-028-DE

and the hanns.g is frankly awful imo. I have a 24: sammy like the 260 only with integrated freeview. Although a tn screen it's great for gaming and watching a bit of tv on. I didn't buy it and probably wouldn't have done but having seen it day to day it's alright and my vote out of the 3 listed above.

Soldato
I have the dell, and I must say it is a fantastic monitor. In my opinion it is worth the premium over a good 24in monitor (I moved from the 2408WFP to this) as watching movies/TV on it is a dream. Plus the S-PVA panel gives great contrast, deep blacks and wide viewing angles, so the viewing experience is much better than the TN monitors mentioned above.

For games, there is no ghosting at all with the dell, but there is supposed to be a high input lag ( I can't notice it/have got used to it, and I play many FPS games including Crysis and BF2 without any problems) which you should bear in mind. However, I find the monitor great for gaming and the image quality, massive range of connections and fantastic warranty all make it worth the higher price.

Back
Top Bottom