Is the Titan Nero upgradeable?

Associate
It will support the following CPUs:
Socket AM2+/ AM2 processors: AMD Phenom™ FX processor/ AMD Phenom™ X4 processor/ AMD Phenom™ X3 processor/ AMD Athlon™ X2 processor/ AMD Athlon™ processor/ AMD Sempron™ X2 processor/ AMD Sempron™ processor

So you would be able to upgrade the CPU, the RAM is Dual Channel so max at the moment would be 2GB (2x2GB DIMMS). It has 1 x PCIe 16 slot so you could upgrade the GPU but you might need a new PSU as well

Associate
To put an i7 into this system you would need a completely new motherboard and a different kind of ram.

As for the graphics card you could update that at anytime. If you were going for an sli/crossfire set up you might need to replace the psu though.

Associate
OP
Ah, thanks for the quick reply.

Are none of those processors equivalent to the intel i5/i7 processors? If not, which intel processors are they equivalent to? Sorry, i'm really a big noob at computers >.<

Hmm, if I was to buy another motherboard that would support 6-8gb and still be compatible, which motherboard should I go for?

To put an i7 into this system you would need a completely new motherboard and a different kind of ram.

As for the graphics card you could update that at anytime. If you were going for an sli/crossfire set up you might need to replace the psu though.

Ah, cool. I don't think ill be going for sli/crossfire though..like ever. :p

Associate
STOP! You are not reading what is being said correctly! This is an AMD motherboard, you CANNOT put an INTEL chip (i5/i7) in this motherboard.

I said that the Phenom X4 are in competition with the i5. i5 is INTEL, Phenom X4 is AMD. So you could upgrade to a Phenom later, NOT an i5.

You've pretty much said that you want to upgrade every component of this system so I don't think you should consider buying it as its not what you really want

Associate
OP
STOP! You are not reading what is being said correctly! This is an AMD motherboard, you CANNOT put an INTEL chip (i5/i7) in this motherboard.

I said that the Phenom X4 are in competition with the i5. i5 is INTEL, Phenom X4 is AMD. So you could upgrade to a Phenom later, NOT an i5.

You've pretty much said that you want to upgrade every component of this system so I don't think you should consider buying it as its not what you really want

Ooops, I meant to say phenom x4! >.<

Yeah, I wasn't planning on upgrading this year or even next year, I was thinking of upgrading sometime during spring 2011

But the thing is, I was thinking of changing the motherboard in the Titan nero so that I would be able to have 6-8gb in the future, what motherboard should i get?

Back
Top Bottom