Bootup status bad...

Associate
I've recently been having problems with my samsung spinpoint 1tb drive. Its won't take to any error checking and has been causing problems when booting up my computer. When booting up this time, I watched the full bootup screen, and when checking my two drives, the first had a status of OK, where as the second, had a status of Bad. Can anyone tell me what could be causing these problems (anything from stopping boot up, to I/O errors, to Waiting Cache Write problems), and how to correct them?

Associate
Are these drives in a RAID array. If they are, you'll need to test each of them in another computer to make sure that they are both functioning correctly (using the manufactureres diagnostics).

(By the way I assume you have: tried swapping ports on the motherboard, you have tried swapping cables, and you have swapped round which HD is plugged into which cable)

HTH

Associate
OP
thanks for the reply. No, my drives aren't in raid, and i've tried the drive in other ports and using different cables. Still getting the same boot up message saying that the status is bad, and that i need to backup/replace the drive....

Back
Top Bottom