The effects of drinking too much at dinner parties..!!

Soldato
Hmmm……. Had a dinner party on Saturday eve with friends, and I cooked a most wonderful and delicious meal. The meal was followed by drinking and talking, and I think I might have drunk a tad too much.

Firstly, I honestly do not know what time it was when I passed out, and secondly my gf woke me at 9:30am next morning to politely inform me that all the beer cans left lying around are the ones I consumed..!! Erm, ok my head is spinning and I’ve got the hangover from hell coming and I see double of everything….

Turns out, around 15 empty cans of becks vier are mine, and as I’m dozing in and out of semi sleep gf gets her stuff and says I’m off…. To which I’m like erm, you look a tad peeve’d. she’d cleaned up the house, leaving what she’d claimed to be my rubbish to show me how much I’d drunk.

Tells me that I’ve not noticed that she’d had her hair done, had her nails professionally done and actually had a new coat and made herself look nice for the evening, instead I was more interested in joking with the lads, and getting as drunk as quick as possible…..

Ok that can’t be the real reason why you’re mad, but ok. Asking what is wrong, to which I get the standard ‘nothing’ and says see you later.

I know she’d arranged for Sunday dinner with all the family, and she was cooking, but I couldn’t face the morning. My hangover was too much and I went back to bed. Only to wake up at 6.30pm and realise I’d missed Sunday dinner, I was still in Northampton and my gf is in Milton Keynes…

Too late, missed it. So I tried to call, no answer so sent a text to say sorry. I get a text back today saying that all her family that I’d not met yet were there, and she was left to explain how I was so drunk the previous night that I couldn’t make it due to a hangover…. And that she wasn’t going to lie and make excuses for me…

So, oops. I’m off now to see how I can actually smooth this over. Flowers, and a lot of apologising, and hope I don’t get a black eye. Wonderful Saturday evening, not sure what it was that I said, but I’ve said something…. I’ve spoken to one of my mates that was there and he doesn’t remember either……!! Erm he was passed out asleep on the dining room table… lol no idea when he left, must’ve let himself out, as when I woke up again he was gone as well…. lol

Thing is, you’d think I was 19, I’m 35 and I really do need to grow up….!! And I’m not that big of a drinker, no wonder I passed out.

Caporegime
Oh dear, sounds like you have a lot of making up to do. :p

Maybe cook a nice meal for her family this time, and then get smashed again.

You will then find out if the family has a good sense of humour, if not bin her and her stiff upper lip family.

Soldato
OP
Erm… Yeah setting an alarm would’ve had been such a good idea – in hindsight. But, when you’re in a dark room, head under covers to try and recover from a monster hangover, setting the alarm was the last thing in my mind…

As for her looking nice, yeah I ‘really’ should’ve said something but I got lost in the moment with everyone there. She get herself ready in Milton Keynes and travelled over. She was meant to stay with me till Sunday morning then we were going to go over to her place in MK around 11 ish…. Obviously that didn’t happen.

I’ll smooth it over, I hope. Was a great eve though… !!

Soldato
Don't forget, it's easier to get forgiveness than permission, imagine if you'd asked to be able to do all that - no chance :p

Flowers, apologise, maybe offer to invite her folks to yours for a Sunday dinner you cooked, something along those lines anyway :p

Associate
Erm… Yeah setting an alarm would’ve had been such a good idea – in hindsight. But, when you’re in a dark room, head under covers to try and recover from a monster hangover, setting the alarm was the last thing in my mind…

As for her looking nice, yeah I ‘really’ should’ve said something but I got lost in the moment with everyone there. She get herself ready in Milton Keynes and travelled over. She was meant to stay with me till Sunday morning then we were going to go over to her place in MK around 11 ish…. Obviously that didn’t happen.

I’ll smooth it over, I hope. Was a great eve though… !!

Tell her you drank so much because you felt that her beauty that night made you feel inadequate as her partner. Stick a smiley face on the end of it too, chicks dig smiley faces.

Back
Top Bottom