Ultima Vanquisher is 'unstable'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi

Two weeks ago I purchased the OC Ultima Vanquisher to replace my previous gaming rig.

The list of components seemed impressive and my previous experience of OC had been very good:

- Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 2.66Ghz Overclocked to 3.80GHz!
- Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
- Corsair XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel
- Nvidia Geforce GTX 275 896MB
- Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 CPU Cooler
- 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM
- LG GH22NS40 22x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter (Black)
- Corsair TX 650W ATX SLi Compliant Power Supply
- Antec 902 case (for improved cooling)
- OS Windows XP Pro 32bit

I am very disappointed that this system is ‘unstable’ and keeps restarting when I move between folders in XP. Nothing else is running, I am just filing photos, word documents etc. This typically happens 2 or 3 times a day.

The strange thing is that this only happens when I am doing ‘filing’. I can play CODWaW on high settings for 3 hours and don’t seem to have any problems..

I am very disappointed with this and believe this PC to be below the standard I expect of 'overclockers' and also not fit for purpose. (and therefore not of merchantable quality as defined in the Sale of Goods Act).

OC response to my 'webnote' from last week was suggesting that I reset the bios to default settings. I believe this will reduce the system performance down from 3.8 to 2.66 Ghz.

The system I purchased is meant to be running at 3.8Ghz, and I bought this pre-built and pre-installed so that I would not need to spend time trying different configurations, to optomise the performance.

I spoke to someone on your support desk on Saturday morning and was advised to post onto your forums, and see if anyone can help. This is disappointing from OC…but I am posting to see if anyone has any suggestions.

I expected OC would replace the system…inviting suggestions from a forum does not feel like that is a professional support service for a brand new computer.

Spending more than £1300 is a big expenditure and I expected a better service. I have been a customer of Overclockers for a good few years and have previously been impressed by the quality and service 

Cheers

ToneDeath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom