Idiot rash

Don
I changed the front right wheel hub and bearing on the fourty today. Give myself a ton of idiot rash as it was a mare of a job. Sliced all the skin off the knuckle of my forefinger on my left hand. Cut the little finger on the right hand and have various other cuts on my hands that I didn't notice until I had a bath afterwards.

I also discovered that some monkey had glued the abs sensor to the hub in the past. Will need to get a new one now as it disintegrated when I tried to take it out.

So, how many of you cut yourself to smitherines when working on cars or is it just me?

Soldato
When helping NickXX to fit coilovers and a new front ARB to his 318iS I got covered in cuts, scratches, bruises, oil, grease etc... he stood there with his 'Chartered Accountant' face on with white 'workman' gloves on that were so clean Daz nipped round to check if it was the doorstep challenge !

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Christ, I used to get sliced every time I even looked at the engine bay of the Olds. I don't do all that much better with the 'cento given how cramped all the grubby bits are. Fortunately I've found a brilliant mechanic who charges very little for all the jobs that are a true PITA!

Soldato
I like to think of it as a blood sacrifice, a genuine bond between man and machine.

This is because i'm a clumsy ****er and injure myself on a regular basis and need someway of convincing myself that it's a normal thing.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Not so much on the Clio as I don't really touch it, but on the old 19 I used to get my hands cut up all the time when ripping things out :)

Permabanned
I recently trapped my thumb working on my 4x4 truck, was fitting the floors which are a tight fit between the roll cage and other bits and it wouldnt go in, so i guided with one hand and tapped with the other....then it sprung into place and trapped my thumb, i was completely stuck unable to life it off, pull it out and couldnt reach any tools or my phone!

Its not uncommon for me to lose a lot fo skin from fingers and knuckles, its just a hazard of cars i guess!

Soldato
This is why I gave up doing anything on my cars, I am sure you could wear gloves.

The worst was when I cut my finger pretty deep from the Ford Badge on the front of my Mondeo when i was opening the bonnet.

Soldato
The most disproportionate slicing I've had (compared to job complexity) was changing a headlight bulb on my old 156 - the headlight back was about 2mm smaller than my hand and had sharp edges - was covered in scratches and blood after that!

Soldato
I always end up with some sort of cut/graze when working on anything mechanical.

When intercooling my 306.. I made a crazy mess of my hands shoving them in all sorts of nooks and crannys that the french decide to make, everything under the bonnet is sharp aswell! :(

Soldato
When intercooling my 306.. I made a crazy mess of my hands shoving them in all sorts of nooks and crannys that the french decide to make, everything under the bonnet is sharp aswell! :(

The fact that you were cutting chunks out of the slam panel was nothing to do with sharp edges was it .... ;)

Although some 306s are sharper than others :eek:

jani5we1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom