I hate Ryanair

Associate
Did anyone see it?, i totally forgot and wanted to watch and now i player is playing up for me!:mad:
Any good bits in there or what? Now i am just waiting for the i hate Easyjet program to be made:D
I flew Ryanair for the first time in August and will not be doing it again in a hurry.Online booking?, what a joke. Still had to cue for 40 minutes to book bags on so what was the point in that?-my 4 year old daughter was actually stood on in the rush to the aircraft and i nearly laid the guy out when he just snorted and carried on walking off!!!!!, all they cared about was the PriorityQ cue and no one after that. Atleast when i went Easyjet families were second on after speedy boarders and then it was the free for all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah. Not the finest bit of investigative journalism ever.

Complained about the unrepresentative prices for printing your own boarding cards and card transaction charges which must already have been covered on Watchdog. Then laid into the daft prices for the inflight catering eg £2.70 for a brew, £4 for a sandwich.

Bloke tried to get access to the AGM and was refused, then afterwards Sky Marshall O'Leary came outside and made him look a muppet. LOL

Soldato
If anyone is frustrated with Ryanair then it's the public you should be frustrated with.

Their business model works. They walk a fine line with some of their charges, but they are optional. The only two that aren't really are the card charges (not everone has electron) and the cost for luggage. Book in advance though and the luggage is not that expensive.

The public fly on Ryanair, and that's what keeps them going.

I personally dislike their business model which punishes people who get caught out through inexperience. Although in every case if people had done the research ahead of time there would be no problem. I wouldn't be opposed to a court ruling that said the "on the day" extra charges were an unfair penalty, but that's me worried about other people, will never happen to me.

Soldato
Yep that documentary didn't really work. Especially so in its attempted character assassination of O'Leary. To keep on saying 'everyone who sees or hears him thinks he's a hard mean bully' and to have him be articulate, humorous and generally nice enough whenever you actually heard him speak really backfired on the BBC. Especially so with that journalist being so incompetent in his questioning.

Soldato
Thing is even free flights with Ryanair still cost a fortune if you fly with young kids and have bags. So you end up paying the full cost for less than full service.

It's only the early bookers who get the cheap flights.

Going friday coming back monday in November CRL - PIK

Going Out (Web Fare)
2 Adult @ 1.49 EUR 2.98 EUR
1 Child @ 1.49 EUR 1.49 EUR
Taxes/Fees details 46.47 EUR
Coming Back (Web Fare)
2 Adult @ 9.99 EUR 19.98 EUR
1 Child @ 9.99 EUR 9.99 EUR
Taxes/Fees details 89.40 EUR
6 x (Web Check in) 30.00 EUR
Total Cost of Flight 200.31 EUR

that's before you count bags (90€)
handling fee (30€)
and web checkin (15€) :eek:

Bringing the fare up to 335.31€.

I used to get direct to glasgow from Brussels (national airports for 120€ per person 360€) a few years back with full flight service and 20kg baggage.

Zom

Zom

Associate
I've been 'stung' by their 'hidden' charges before but I knew the total cost before I clicked confirm. At any point I could have given up and tried to find a cheaper flight elsewhere. But because I already knew I couldn't find a cheaper flight (even with ridiculous charges etc.) I just carried on with my booking. Yes it wasn't a great experience as a customer (felt a bit cheated) it's not exactly the end of the world. Nobody forced me to buy from them!

Soldato
If anyone is frustrated with Ryanair then it's the public you should be frustrated with.

Their business model works. They walk a fine line with some of their charges, but they are optional. The only two that aren't really are the card charges (not everone has electron) and the cost for luggage. Book in advance though and the luggage is not that expensive.

The public fly on Ryanair, and that's what keeps them going.

I personally dislike their business model which punishes people who get caught out through inexperience. Although in every case if people had done the research ahead of time there would be no problem. I wouldn't be opposed to a court ruling that said the "on the day" extra charges were an unfair penalty, but that's me worried about other people, will never happen to me.

Web checkin is 5 quid per person not an option.

They are forcing other carrriers off the less profitable routes and then price hiking.... go elsewhere if only there were direct flights to glasgow I'd happily pay not to have to use them. We no longer use them for our Dublin flights and just book Aer Lingus (who are very small step up but at least you can book your seat and they fly from a main airport)

I loved them until they stopped priority boarding for kids it's really unsafe and the treat the elderly like scum.

Last edited:

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Ryanair have a new "interesting business idea" now - overbooked luggage check in. I was seating this morning in a coffee shop at Stanstead waiting for someone's arrival, and had a chance to see it first hand.
Instead of providing separate check in lines for consecutive flights, they open 5 -7 check ins for all flights. Literally, you look at the board and every visible Ryanair flights are all of a sudden marked as Check-in desk 175-180. Which means that people with gates closing in 30 minutes queue in monster sea of people for every possible Ryanair flight up to 6 hours ahead. The idea seems very simple - because no other airline in the world operates their check-ins as a "impossible to accomplish in 60 minutes" competition, unless everyone knows how it works and get to the airport 3 hours before their flight to queue in peak hour, at least 10-15% of people are guaranteed not to make it to the gate on time. There was anger, tears, pleas, bargaining, calling for manager. Movie drama. And as first wave was being removed the next wave of people realizing they are not going to make it to the check ins was already looking at their watches.
I mean, 10-15% of people not reaching the desk probably allows for severe overbooking. Plus check in fees are not refundable. And they will have to buy another ticket.

I found the whole thing very tiresome to watch after half an hour.

Last edited:
Associate
Sums the whole Ryan Air thing up when the pilots even have to buy their own water!

We had a pilot once complain when he did n't have sparkling water onboard , just normal bottled , think i should refer him to that documentry :)

Oh , and good luck with your New Zealand trip Zoo , hope it all goes smoothly for you.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Like I said, the enemy is the public not Ryanair. The public keep booking with them, if the public stopped there wouldn't be a problem - Ryanair would adapt.

Well, to be honest they cornered some markets and there are simply no viable alternatives. Stuff like Midlands to Wroclaw or Stanstead to Cork. You're not going to fly with Emirates. Or choose connect flight via Berlin or Vienna.

Soldato
Ryanair should not have a monopoly on flights between cities - they probably don't. Just nobody else chooses to do it... (slight distinction).

What will hopefully happen is a backlash. Ryanair continuously push for more and more extra fees, and less and less customer service in order to have the lowest headline prices.

As they get a worse and worse reputation, because more and more people fall foul of them then people will start to go for a basic alternative. The alternative being still a no frills carrier, but without the dodginess. Ryanair will then have to adapt in the other direction, or they will shrink in market share.

Perhaps some people will remember what happened with Skoda? The brand name was seen as inexpensive. However the product was so cheaply made that it gained a reputation (perhaps unfairly) for a very bad product. Their product stopped selling. The current product is significantly higher quality - still inexpensive - but higher quality. That's what I hope happens to Ryanair.

Eventually in the free market the market usually corrects things, but sometimes it can take a while.

All we can do in the mean time is avoid Ryanair :p

Soldato
If you don't like Ryan Air then don't ****ing fly with them. Is it that hard for people to not get this simple bit of logic.

Hi. Perhaps you don't like reading threads and jumping in feet first.

Maybe you should read the thread?

The points in this thread are stating that there is no choice for some routes, and Ryanair perhaps have a monopoly. Additionaly that it's at the expense of people with families, or elderly people. Do you really want cheaper fares at the expense of your granny?

Associate
And one other thing, if Virgin can run a rail franchise, it's about bloody time Ryan Air started running a rail franchise, may take it over from the **** that is First Great Western.

And come to that, maybe Ryan Air can run the Royal Mail, I'd love to see that O'Leary bloke get stuck into the union dinosaurs there.

Soldato
And one other thing, if Virgin can run a rail franchise, it's about bloody time Ryan Air started running a rail franchise, may take it over from the **** that is First Great Western.

And come to that, maybe Ryan Air can run the Royal Mail, I'd love to see that O'Leary bloke get stuck into the union dinosaurs there.

So if you live in an out of the way place you don't get mail delivered? If a letter is coming to you that's not exactly correctly addressed you simply don't get the letter?

Associate
Ryanair should not have a monopoly on flights between cities - they probably don't. Just nobody else chooses to do it... (slight distinction).

What will hopefully happen is a backlash. Ryanair continuously push for more and more extra fees, and less and less customer service in order to have the lowest headline prices.

As they get a worse and worse reputation, because more and more people fall foul of them then people will start to go for a basic alternative. The alternative being still a no frills carrier, but without the dodginess. Ryanair will then have to adapt in the other direction, or they will shrink in market share.

Perhaps some people will remember what happened with Skoda? The brand name was seen as inexpensive. However the product was so cheaply made that it gained a reputation (perhaps unfairly) for a very bad product. Their product stopped selling. The current product is significantly higher quality - still inexpensive - but higher quality. That's what I hope happens to Ryanair.

Eventually in the free market the market usually corrects things, but sometimes it can take a while.

All we can do in the mean time is avoid Ryanair :p

Have you bin on the Acid tonight?

Ryan Air have posted year on year profits with increasing passengers every single year, year after year after year.

The only people who criticise Ryan Air are probably stooges from other airline companies or those who are too bloody stupid to read a website's T&C.

Back
Top Bottom