360 elite rrod ??

Soldato
Hi all,

Had my elite coming up 2 years at xmas and tonight while watching a film on it it just stopped.

Reset it and I had 3 of the 4 light segments appear as red and flashing. All but the top right light.

Reset again, loaded fine, 5 mins in to the film and it repeated it, however, upon resetting it several times it was still red. Turned it off and left it an hour, just put NFS on and ran it for 15 mins ok.

Anyone any ideas what is likely to be on the way out? It's a flashed 360 so will need to repair it myself so can anyone point me in the right direction?

Soldato
Be aware though that the x-clamp replacement is not as permenant as some of us would like. It will work for a while, but the fault will keep repeating.

Soldato
OP
Is this a perfect reason on why you shouldn't flash your 360? Seems like a silly thing to do in the first place tbh. :s

No it isn't a perfect reason why you shouldn't flash it. You've posted, and yet contributed nothing to the thread, in future I'd advise you to simply save yourself and everyone else the hassle and don't bother posting at all.

I purchased the 360 from a friend who has owned it for about 8 days, he flashed it and had an unexpected bill so I purchased it from him.

Permabanned
No it isn't a perfect reason why you shouldn't flash it. You've posted, and yet contributed nothing to the thread, in future I'd advise you to simply save yourself and everyone else the hassle and don't bother posting at all.

I purchased the 360 from a friend who has owned it for about 8 days, he flashed it and had an unexpected bill so I purchased it from him.

Don't **** your pants mate. I was just asking!

Soldato
Send it back to MS anyway - I know of at least 2 360's belonging to friends that have been sent back to MS and were flashed, one even had no warranty sticker and they were still repaired.

What have you got to lose?

Associate
Take it you checked your PSU according to the microsoft support site?

if not..

Step 3: If the power supply light is red, is orange when the console is powered on, or is not lit, try these solutions

Solution 1: Unplug your console, plug it into a different outlet in a different room, and then turn it on
This will help determine whether the problem is with your power supply, your power outlet, or your console.

Solution 2: Request a replacement power supply
If the power supply light is still red, orange, or not lit, the problem is with your power supply. Contact Xbox Support to obtain a replacement power supply.

Back
Top Bottom