Windows 7 Annoyances

Soldato
How is the 100MB partition an annoyance? It doesn't even show up in My Computer, as it's required by the system. Not you're going to miss 100MB. Bit confused as to how it can be annoying really.

Quick launch is now on the task bar yes. Just right-click and unpin.

I do love how you can make the notification area tiny by hiding everything however.

Soldato
System notification area keeps hiding the icon to my email reader no matter how many times I set it.

Also, windows explorer in List mode will automatically scroll when clicking on an item whose text is partly outside the window. So when you double click, a different file is selected instead of opening the one I want.

Also when a window is not in focus it is extremely difficult to see which file has been selected. But this is mainly due to the colours in the default windows theme.

And the stupid blue menubar that I can't change the colour of.

I'm sure there's more but they are the ones off the top of my head. Very happy with Win7 overall though.

Nate

int

int

Soldato
Doesn't seem to like my laptop battery at all, I could have 80% left and then it'll shut itself down.
Need to plug it in to start back up and find that the battery is at 0% and charging :/

Associate
Doesn't seem to like my laptop battery at all, I could have 80% left and then it'll shut itself down.
Need to plug it in to start back up and find that the battery is at 0% and charging :/

Haven't used anything but RC untill my retail order is delivered at the end of the month.

My laptop battery loves w7 compared to Vista and XP though! :D

Soldato
The only thing I know that is going to annoy me (from my experience with the RC) is the taskbar, specifically the right-click menu. I use the right-click menu a lot for closing programs (right-click the taskbar button, quickly right-click the Close option), but the menus in 7 take longer to appear, are further away from the actual button and the options on the menu don't respond to right-clicks. That'll probably annoy me for quite a while.

Soldato
The only thing I know that is going to annoy me (from my experience with the RC) is the taskbar, specifically the right-click menu. I use the right-click menu a lot for closing programs (right-click the taskbar button, quickly right-click the Close option), but the menus in 7 take longer to appear, are further away from the actual button and the options on the menu don't respond to right-clicks. That'll probably annoy me for quite a while.

Yep that's another one, I can't right click a program on the task bar and click Move. Very annoying when the task bar is at the top of the screen and it occludes a window.

Nate

Soldato

Right click menu is instant for me mate, no delay at all!

Soldato

Yea, it is for me too.

I have found very little to complain about with Windows 7 on the whole, RC7100 and the Enterprise trial both seem to lack the 'classic start menu' option that you got in Vista and XP, which I still prefer, although over the months I have gotten used to the W7 one ...really though, I still prefer the old Windows 95 style one, and until W7 I've always had the option to use it.

I have to say, other than one or two little teething niggles with the RC and the fact that not everything fully supports W7 yet, I don't really have any other complaints.

Soldato

It's been a while since I've used the RC so perhaps it's just my system or I'm remembering it badly! The menu does appear quite far away from the actual button though, unlike Vista where it appears immediately next to the pointer. I realise that's part of the design, it's just that for me it makes things a little bit inconvenient.

Still, if that's the worst thing I can think of, that says a lot about 7 as an OS!

Associate
The only annoyance I haven't found a solution for is the grouping on the taskbar of Windows Live Messenger chat windows. The new grouping now makes it more difficult for me to see who's window is flashing at a glance , which is/was useful for me for when I'm doing other things and only really want to be disrupted by something important somebody has to say rather than general "oh hai".

Soldato
i don't have any gripes really, i miss certain features of Vista/Xp but its just because you have to relearn, i have been using it for a few months now and it took about 4 weeks to become second nature. only issue i have is when you change to 'solid colour theme' you get a logon delay...

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom